Back-Ups

Post by Gary » Mon, 02 Sep 2002 10:00:06

How exactly do you do back-ups.  And which system
software, if any should I back-up?  And is it best to use
31/2" diskettes or CD's?  Thanks!

Gary

Back-Ups

Post by Charles Rigg » Mon, 02 Sep 2002 17:32:20

Quote:>How exactly do you do back-ups.  And which system
>software, if any should I back-up?  And is it best to use
>31/2" diskettes or CD's?  Thanks!

Floppies are no longer a practical way of backing up any but the
smallest of files. I find burning CDs, to back up information I don't
already have on installation CDs, to be quite practical, and I'd
recommend that method. You won't need any additional software to what
is supplied with the CD-RW drive.

Charles Riggs

1. Size of back-ups

Since outlook express 6, all of my data base files (*.dbx) always gets the
latest date when I open outlook express (even for folders which are not
changed). This is great for the back-up tape producers as common back-up
procedure think that all folders are new and stores them on tape (so
incremental back-ups do not have any meaning any more for outlook express 6
files). In previous outlook express version, backing up was already a
problem since a single message addition to one folder would already cause a
back-up of the entire folder, but in version 6 things have become even worse
since all folders are recognised as being changed.

Is there a workaround for this problem or are there some special tools which
create back-up files from outlook express databases. I checked the
"tomsterdam" pages but the back-ups described there also performs a total
back up of a dbx file (unless I misunderstood the back-up procedures
described there).

Thanks,
Martien

2. Dot Matrix Printer

3. how to(back-ups)

4. VPN

5. file back-ups

6. XP and ZA

7. Windows-XP Back-ups

8. Tomcat Engine For Apache Under WinNT

9. multi CD back-ups ???

10. Recovering old back-ups

11. Back-Ups

12. APC Back-UPS ES500 not recognized

13. USB Apc Back-UPS not recognized in Power Option