XP error message with DLT 7000 : MS_UpdateNtmsOmidInfo

XP error message with DLT 7000 : MS_UpdateNtmsOmidInfo

Post by Klau » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 04:18:27

I have a big problem with Windows XP SP1 and a Quantum DLT 7000. XP allways
stops the ntbackup after tape rewinding with error message

"The device reported an error on a request to MS_UpdateNtmsOmidInfo.
Error reported: 127.
There may be a hardware or media problem.
Please check the system event log for relevant failures.
An inconsistency was encountered on the media in 4mm DDS. Do not append to
this media.
The operation was ended."

In the system eventlog the events 152 and 116 occours. I have tried a
Tandberg/Quantum driver v1.5, but no success.

It worked fine with Windows 2000 and XP without SP1 !!

Has anyone an idea for this? MS Technet says nothing about this.
Thanks a lot

Klaus

XP error message with DLT 7000 : MS_UpdateNtmsOmidInfo

Post by George Crupp » Mon, 09 Dec 2002 11:41:19

Try a different tape or cleaning the tape drive heads.

Quote:> I have a big problem with Windows XP SP1 and a Quantum DLT 7000. XP
allways
> stops the ntbackup after tape rewinding with error message

> "The device reported an error on a request to MS_UpdateNtmsOmidInfo.
> Error reported: 127.
> There may be a hardware or media problem.
> Please check the system event log for relevant failures.
> An inconsistency was encountered on the media in 4mm DDS. Do not append to
> this media.
> The operation was ended."

> In the system eventlog the events 152 and 116 occours. I have tried a
> Tandberg/Quantum driver v1.5, but no success.

> It worked fine with Windows 2000 and XP without SP1 !!

> Has anyone an idea for this? MS Technet says nothing about this.
> Thanks a lot

> Klaus

1. Error message 7000

Has anyone come across the following, whilst browsing my
pc shuts down and reboots itself displaying the following
error message in the Event register.
The Pf Mod NT service failed to start due to the following
error. The system could not find the file.

I had this problem with my internal modem . I then
switched to an external modem which appeared to get over
the problem , but it is back

2. Need Counters advice...

3. You Issue Abt The Error Message 7000

4. Using WNetAddConnection2

5. ERROR MESSAGE 7000

6. Boot doesn′t run. System file corrupted message.

7. Event error 7000

8. New Programs Installed pop-up

9. Event 7000 error (How do i solve this problem????)

10. Error Event ID: 7000 MA1908Driver

11. Error. Event ID 7000 %OWC_USBEHCD.DeviceDesc%

12. What is this Error ID 7000

13. Scriptblocking Service In msconfig Causing Event Error 7000