Windows XP and Active Directory !

Post by Pasi Louk » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 22:29:39

How can I enable Active Directory browsing on Windows 2000 domain(Native
mode) ?

Windows XP and Active Directory !

Post by Mike Brannigan [MS » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 23:08:45

This rather depends by what you mean by "browsing" ?
You can search using the Search option and select for People In Your Address
Book,  then when the search dialog box comes up the top drop down box (Look
In) can contain Active Directory.

Alternatively if you can create a desktop short cut with the following
command line
%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe dsquery,OpenQueryWindow OpenQueryWindow

On a final note I would be very wary of people just "browsing" the
directory - they should either know what there are connecting to or use the
find to locate a resource - ask yourself "why do I let people just wander
around my directory?"

Regards,

Mike

--
Mike Brannigan [MS]

Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions. Please use these
newsgroups

Quote:> How can I enable Active Directory browsing on Windows 2000 domain(Native
> mode) ?

1. No Active Directory Icon (cannot browse active directory)

I have created a share and published it to the active
directory as spelled out in several help documents.  I am
experiencing a problem with a XP Pro client machine with
Netbios disabled.  The client machine is part of the
Windows 2000 server domain and can log in sucessfully.  In
windows explorer the active directory icon does not show
up when double clicking on the "Entire Network" icon.  I
can do a search and find the shared folder in the active
directory so I believe everything is setup correctly.

Is this normal?  I would have thought that I would have
been able to browse published items to the active directoy
even when Netbios was disabled.

2. wierd linker error!?!

3. How to browse Active Directory from windows xp?

4. Themes.exe HELP!

5. Windows XP Home Edition and Active Directory

6. HP P1100

7. Windows XP and Active Directory

8. MPEG Playback - again

9. Active directory contents in Windows XP

10. Problem with Windows Xp Pro with Active directory Win2000 Server

11. Windows XP and active directory

12. Windows XP Server Active Directory

13. Why doesn't Active Directory appear in Windows XP network neighborhood?