Uninstall MS Home Networking...

Post by Dave » Fri, 23 May 2003 14:31:40

I currently have a P3-933Mhz computer.  The system came from the factory
with Windows Me.  One of my ISP's is my cable company.  I hired a tech to
come and configure my computer and my children's computer's (Win 98 based)
to allow file and printer sharing.  In Feb 2003 I did a full install of Win
XP Pro.  I chose the standard options to let the setup wizard configure the
network.  Ever since I have done this, my programs take about 5 to 6 seconds
to launch.  Sometimes I have to re-double click on desktop icons.  Once the
programs are running, there performance is no problem.  The University that
I am attending has an alliance with MS.  I have Visual Studio.net and Office
XP Pro installed.  I have looked at the physical memory being used, and I
never get close to the maximum available.  I did not mention previously that
in November of last year that I upgraded to WinXP Home.  I was not having
the performance problems that I am having now.  I used the help & support
feature on my computer and was unable able to find out how to uninstall the
home networking.  After weighing the pro's and con's of home networking, I
would rather just write my data to a CD-RW on my machine and take it to
another computer.  Getting each of my computers internet access is not a
problem.  I was wandering if there is an easy way to do the uninstall or is
the networking the cause of the reduction in performance ???

Thanx

Dave

1. installation for home pc use/uninstall for network installation?

I just upgraded to XP form Win 98se and now find that
somehow I think I have the software set to think the PC
is on a network, it wants passwords, etc. (although I can
click past this) and then it asks me to either insert
card or control/alt/delete to access the software

I guess the question(s) is: is there any going back so
that I don't have to do this all of the time? If so, I
have know clue as to where to start as I don't want to
mess around and lose the cable-internet connection

I tried to uninstall and reinstall but seemed to have
gotten the same results, although when Win 98 booted up,
it brought up a login/password screen, which I ignored by
not inputting a password.

the PC is connected to the internet via a cable router
which is connected to a cable modem. the pc has a network
card (which was installed for the cable modem) but I
don't think that this is a network (at least yet!)

thanks.

2. re- install - virus infection - what happens to email in folders

3. how to uninstall home network from xp

4. Delete/Adding Panes in Static splitter window

5. IE won't connect through MS Home Networking

6. Lost: "Always ask before opening" HELP!

7. logon to MS Network with Home Edition

8. Reformat Hard Drive XP

9. MS Home XP & MS Office 97

10. MS Winsock Proxy Client and MS Windows XP Home

11. MS Mouse Problems in Win95 (Seeking Kind Soul with MS Home Mouse + Intellipoint v1.0)

12. Home Entertainment through a Home Network????????

13. Networking Win2k Pro & Win XP Home @ home via DSL router/modem/switch plus!!