how do i copy hard drive to hard drive

Post by SilyWl » Mon, 27 May 2002 11:42:51

anyone know how to copy files to a new hard drive usinf
win xp home edition ?

how do i copy hard drive to hard drive

Post by Care » Mon, 27 May 2002 12:47:28

Use XP's "Files and Settings Transfer Wizard".

--
Carey Frisch (USA)

how do i copy hard drive to hard drive

Post by Harry Ohr » Mon, 27 May 2002 13:06:52

Are you just trying to copy files from one drive to another or are you
wanting to clone (copy entire drive) an old drive to a new drive?

--

Harry Ohrn - MS MVP (Windows XP)
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/

Quote:> anyone know how to copy files to a new hard drive usinf
> win xp home edition ?

how do i copy hard drive to hard drive

Post by Bruc » Mon, 27 May 2002 22:54:08

If you're trying to actually clone a hard drive (as in you're purchased a
new one), then I reccomend getting a cloning utility, such as Norton Ghost,
or Drive Image by PowerQuest.  Their ease of use and saftey make it so much
easier and well worth the investment

--
Hope this helps!

Bruce

Quote:> anyone know how to copy files to a new hard drive usinf
> win xp home edition ?

1. o hard drive o hard drive where art thou hard drive?

I recently recieved a Maxtor 40 GB Hard drive. i have installed
everything Correctly ie. Power, Cable, ect. I have tried every single
configuration of Jumper settings.
It was reconized in bios, but it wouldn't come up as an icon in Xp.

I have Xp Home W/SP2

I appreciate all the help i can get.

--
Mbandgeek

2. Mess 6.0

3. Copying old hard drive to new hard drive

4. my cannon s300 printer is not woking

5. copy from one hard drive to another hard drive.\

6. Explorer.exe causing massive slow down

7. copy contents of old hard drive to new hard drive?

8. Encoding image sequences

9. copy hard drive to new hard drive

10. Copying Data from a hard drive to another hard drive

11. COPY WHOLE HARD DRIVE TO NEW HARD DRIVE

12. new system new hard drive old hard drive data copied best way

13. Can I copy the curent Hard drive incl Xp to a new hard drive