Recover WIN XP boot manager after REFORMAT?

Recover WIN XP boot manager after REFORMAT?

Post by Elias Flore » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 21:37:06

1. Recover Win XP boot manager after reformat?

Hi, I recently install Windows XP Pro on a second partition of my 2nd HD.
BTW I love Win XP! But then I decided I need a bigger partition for XP and
instead of buying a copy of Partition Magic 7 I chose to backup all my
partitions to cd's using Norton Ghost 2002 ( SystemWorks 2002). I took
special care of backing up the boot.ini file that the XP installed on my
main partition(C:\ Win 98) and I copied and pasted  it once the partitions
were reformatted using FDISK.

BUT, ah there is always a big but, for some reason I seen to have lost the
boot manager and now I can not boot into Windows XP.

Do I have to reinstall XP in order to get back by boot manager? Is there any
way around it?

Any help would be appreciated! As always, this are the fascinating times in
which you have to tell to yourself that,( for all of us), learning is an
unfinished business. So be it!

2. VELO1 KIT, NEW, 12 M.RAM, RECH. BATT.,MODEM, CABLES, SOFTWARE, GAMES

3. Recover WIN XP boot manager after REFORMAT

4. can't on-line game properly with xp

5. Recovering WIN XP boot manager after reformat

6. XP Activation

7. How to Dual boot Windows XP, RedHat Linux from XP boot manager for newbe

8. How to create a thread

9. "security access manager" win xp eternal boot

10. Boot Manager for Win 95/Win NT etc..

11. cannot boot, it tells me to recover; cannot run recover

12. how to install win 2000 on win xp..cant reformat

13. cannot boot, it tells me to recover; cannot run recover