XP Internet Connection Sharing issue

Post by John Smit » Wed, 28 Aug 2002 01:49:22

Hello.
I've just set up a network between my WXP machine, another WXP machine and a
W98 SE machine, with my XP machine as a server to distribute the ADSL
internet connection to the other computers through a switch. The network
works perfectly, both file sharing and game playing, and all three computers
have access to the internet. However, when the client machines try to access
certain WWW adresses, usually .com types, like www.hotmail.com,
www.yahoo.com, the connection slows down to about 10 b/s and the site never
loads. Scandinavian sites, .org and .gov URL's work perfectly, and
everything is as it is supposed to be on the Host computer. If I connect the
client computers directly to the internet, without ICS, everything works
fine and the sites load without problems. The problem occurs only on the
computers connected through Internet Connection Sharing, and only with
certain URL's. (Mostly .com adresses.) Of course, this is most annoying, and
I wondered if anyone out there could point me in the right direction, either
if you have a possible solution to the problem, or if you know a newsgroup
or other resource that could help me out. Curiously enough, earlier, another
W98 machine (not SE) was connected to the network, and it had no such
problems with any sites on the web.

Any comment is appreciated.