Windows Update not working properly

Post by P Ansar » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 08:40:01

Hi everyone!

Trying to run Windows Update on a clean XP Pro box. It scans fine but when I
click on Review and Install Updates the page in the right frame doesn't
load.

Tried removing the WindowsUpdate components (as described on one of the Help
pages) and everything else I could think of but it's still not working.

Is it possible to get the updates via FTP?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Patrick

Windows Update not working properly

Post by Mark L. Ferguso » Sun, 07 Apr 2002 04:12:08

download updates to install later

Connect from an XP machine http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp

Select "Personalize Windows Update"

Place a check in "Display the link to the Windows Update Catalog under See Also."

Select Windows Update Catalog under See Also

--

Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP Expert Associate
marfer's notes for XP - http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/xp_notes.htm

..

> Hi everyone!

> Trying to run Windows Update on a clean XP Pro box. It scans fine but when I
> click on Review and Install Updates the page in the right frame doesn't
> load.

> Tried removing the WindowsUpdate components (as described on one of the Help
> pages) and everything else I could think of but it's still not working.

> Is it possible to get the updates via FTP?

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks in advance for your help.

> Patrick

1. windows update not working properly

windows xp. windows update will allow me to update
critical downloads but windows xp and drivers downloads
selection only results in a never ending loop of "scan
system for updates". view update history will only work
after a critical update- otherwise it starts another
system scan for updates.

Also this program will not work with any banking sites
that we have tried- it keeps looping back to the enter
password screen.

All settings- security and cookies are at default.

2. Using a calling card

3. cam not working properly after windows update

4. cant install

5. Windows Update will not install properly and update

6. floating windows

7. NIC not working properly error-UpDate

8. broke

9. Windows+F search, some Outlook & Explorer links no longer work, Windows Update does not work!

10. Windows XP Update SP1 / The sound decompression software has not been properly i

11. Windows Update does not function properly after a clean install of XP Pro

12. windows update scan for updates option not working!

13. Windows XP not working properly