help, programs keep crashing, even after reformatting and reloading etc!!!

help, programs keep crashing, even after reformatting and reloading etc!!!

Post by Shau » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 22:10:27

I would start by downloading the latest drivers for all your hardware. Not
to be overlooked is your system memory, swap it out or try one stick at a
time.

> ok programs(especially IE) keep crashing(with the send
> error report message) on my system, its nothing to do with
> the specs of my machine coz its quite decent. now ive even
> tried reformatting the hard drive a few times and it just
> keeps happening and ive also tried 2 different systems, xp
> and 2000(granted they r quite similar. somebody PLEASE
> PLESAE HELP, it might be something to do with bios or the
> system registry or something i dunno im not an expert, and

> of it and also reformatting shud have eliminated that
> tottally. i dunno wot 2 do PLEASE PLEASE HELP SOMEBODY
> ANYBODY, ive spent days tryin to sort this out

help, programs keep crashing, even after reformatting and reloading etc!!!

Post by Mike Watkin » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 22:15:21

Hi,

  I just went through a new installation of Windows XP
(Upgrade) and had somewhat of the same problem. I had to
play with the video cards settings to get everything to
work well. If you go to the properties of your video
card, try setting the hardware accelleration to None.
This will disable many of the DirectX and other features
that your card uses.

If this works, then gradually move the setting up until
the system starts crashing again, then just set it to the
highest setting that will work.

Other than that I am not sure.

rid

Post by F1Co » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 01:25:07

> ok programs(especially IE) keep crashing(with the send
> error report message) on my system, its nothing to do with
> the specs of my machine coz its quite decent. now ive even
> tried reformatting the hard drive a few times and it just
> keeps happening and ive also tried 2 different systems, xp
> and 2000(granted they r quite similar. somebody PLEASE
> PLESAE HELP, it might be something to do with bios or the
> system registry or something i dunno im not an expert, and

> of it and also reformatting shud have eliminated that
> tottally. i dunno wot 2 do PLEASE PLEASE HELP SOMEBODY
> ANYBODY, ive spent days tryin to sort this out

You could have a decent machine and still have faulty RAM, a poor power
supply, faulty video drivers, to name a few.

I would also start with the video card. Make sure you have the exact
driver for the type of card you own, and the latest update of the
driver.

If that doesn't work, download memtest at http://www.memtest86.com/ to
see if your RAM is OK.

Report back after trying these things,