XP Auto Driver Install

Post by Si » Sat, 03 May 2003 05:37:28

I want to install the drivers for my SB Live Value card that I downloaded
from the Creative web site. I'm having some audio playback problems and I
was hoping that this would solve it. When I remove the existing drivers, I'm
prompted to restart my machine. After the restart, XP automatically installs
it's own drivers for this device. Is there a way I can stop it from doing
that?

Cheers.

Si

--
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me then a frontal lobotomy.

1. Auto update installs wrong version of driver

Hi,

I have a AMD 500 computer and a Intel 233 MX computer both running XP Pro.
Each computer is equipped with a LNE!00TX 4.1 (Version 4)adapter
(0046WDAHK15835.1).

I recently downloaded a Microsoft recommended XP Linksys LNE100TX update,
which installed on the AMD computer's LNE!00TX 4.1 adapter as a LNE100TX
Version 5. The download would not install on the Intel computer leaving the
adapter at Version 4.

I reinstalled the LNE100TX version 4 diver from the Linksys download site on
the AMD computer. However the install left the LNE100TX version 5 Packet
Scheduler Minport that won't uninstall.

How do I uninstall V5 Packet Scheduler Minport?

Why will one LNE100TX 4.1 Card accept the V5 driver and the other LNE100TX
4.1 card won't?

Thank you,
Tommy Jones
TommyJones.Tommy-Jones.Port-Orange.FL.US

2. Pretty Printer formatting

3. How to stop drivers being auto-installed from Windows Update?

4. IE has encountered a problem

5. Can you DISABLE auto driver installs???

6. is WindowsXP embedded support USB boot?

7. Auto download/install of drivers from MS site...

8. sharing folders in outlook

9. Sound Card Drivers Installed Auto, Why?

10. How to auto install a windows9x driver

11. How do i stop WinME auto-installing drivers?

12. Is it possible to auto install drivers without using windows update?

13. How to install ATI Radeon drivers over XP CD Drivers?