Network Dial-Up Pops up on Start ups and Reboots

Network Dial-Up Pops up on Start ups and Reboots

Post by Carlene Carme » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:58:50

Hi, and thanks for anyone answering this.
Every time I start up my Windows XP, or do a reboot, I get a pop-up window
for my dial-up network ISP.  I don't know if this is an XP related problem
or with my ISP, but I can't find the setting to stop the dial-up pop-up
window to stop appearing on reboots and start-ups.  I looked in my ISP's
properties, no settings there and no problems with connecting to the
Internet.  I looked in my C:/ drive for the start-up programs, but can't
find it there either.  How can I stop the dial-up pop-up window from
appearing every time I do reboots or start-ups after shutdowns?  I do not
have any broadband connections or other "always on" connections, just a
simple dial-up ISP, but I believe this is a Windows problem, not ISP.  Any
suggestions?

--
"Happy Computing"
Charley

Network Dial-Up Pops up on Start ups and Reboots

Post by Cory » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:21:46

Either right click on the Internet Explorer icon on the desktop and click
properties, or open Internet Explorer and select Internet Options under the
Tools menu. Click on the tab at the top labeled Connections. Make sure 'Dial
whenever a network connection is not present' is not selected, leaving it on
"Never dial a connection' is what I did back when I had dialup and I never
had another dialup window popup again.

Quote:> Hi, and thanks for anyone answering this.
> Every time I start up my Windows XP, or do a reboot, I get a pop-up window
> for my dial-up network ISP.  I don't know if this is an XP related problem
> or with my ISP, but I can't find the setting to stop the dial-up pop-up
> window to stop appearing on reboots and start-ups.  I looked in my ISP's
> properties, no settings there and no problems with connecting to the
> Internet.  I looked in my C:/ drive for the start-up programs, but can't
> find it there either.  How can I stop the dial-up pop-up window from
> appearing every time I do reboots or start-ups after shutdowns?  I do not
> have any broadband connections or other "always on" connections, just a
> simple dial-up ISP, but I believe this is a Windows problem, not ISP.  Any
> suggestions?

> --
> "Happy Computing"
> Charley
> "We'll fix this thing yet!"

1. Pop-ups, Pop-ups, Pop-ups EVERYWHERE .. arghhh

Is my pc infected or am I going mad here?
I get pop ups on 90% of websites that I open.
Yahoo, MSN, Ebay.... etc etc etc ..
I usually get that ad pop-up for the little investigative camera ...
And it only happens when I open a new window. Upon opening Yahoo, for
example, another smaller window pops up with an add...
Does anyone else get this? How is this fixable without installing any Pop up
removal software? I am willing to re-format if needed.
Thanks
gino

2. Can any files be deleted to reduce the size if Win95?

3. can xp sleep?

4. The pop-ups the maddening pop-ups!!!

5. Is Build 2600 an evaluation copy

6. Pop-ups and Messanger Pop-ups

7. Two little problems !

8. dial-up pop ups

9. Random Hang ups (not lock ups)

10. ups.exe application error at startup for UPS 500

11. The UPS Service has lost contact with the UPS

12. IBM UPS 500 ups.exe error at startup