Windows cannot find 'E:\Setup.ins'.

Post by SiDat » Fri, 08 Nov 2002 13:13:56

When I start up windows it comes up with:-
Windows cannot find 'E:\Setup.ins.' Make sure .....
How do I find out what is trying to be installed?
How can I stop programe from trying to install?
Thanks
Simon

Windows cannot find 'E:\Setup.ins'.

Post by Patrick Keena » Fri, 08 Nov 2002 15:14:47

Quote:> When I start up windows it comes up with:-
> Windows cannot find 'E:\Setup.ins.' Make sure .....
> How do I find out what is trying to be installed?
> How can I stop programe from trying to install?
> Thanks
> Simon

Did you try to install something recently?

Have a look in these registry areas:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

for things trying to load the file referenced.

You might also want to scan with an up-to-date anti-virus program as well.

-pk

Windows cannot find 'E:\Setup.ins'.

Post by Kell » Fri, 08 Nov 2002 18:54:18

Hi Simon,

SiS, Xircom, Jet IISAM, Xerox....

For the latter:  http://www.windowsxp-drivers.com/drivers/58/58306.htm

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP-Shell/User [AE-Windows? XP]
Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

> When I start up windows it comes up with:-
> Windows cannot find 'E:\Setup.ins.' Make sure .....
> How do I find out what is trying to be installed?
> How can I stop programe from trying to install?
> Thanks
> Simon

1. Windows cannot find 'E:\setup.ins'. Make sure..........

When i startup windows XP i get
" Windows cannot find 'E:\setup.ins'. Make
sure.......... "
It dosen't say what program it is trying to install, have
put last 2 disks in for programs that i have installed
but don't know what kids have done.
How can i find out what windows is trying to install on
startup and fix this error?

Thanks in advance
Silman

2. Join A Discussion on Talisker, Beta 2 of the Next Version of Windows CE - August 21, 11:00am PST

3. 'Find' - Finding Subject Words from the 'Find' Window

4. media8 does not recognize burner

5. E:\setup.ins error

6. Adobe Premire for MPEG?

7. Windows cannot find 'C\Windows\rundll32.exe'

8. Printing

9. Cannot find server, 'The page cannot be displayed' message

10. Windows cannot find 'wmplayer.exe'

11. Windows cannot find '(null)' when trying to open an url!

12. windows cannot find 'open.exe' no cdrw

13. Windows XP cannot find '(null)' (virus or registry bug?)