Laptop performance degregation with XP Pro and Office XP

Laptop performance degregation with XP Pro and Office XP

Post by Bill » Wed, 04 Sep 2002 10:55:32

I have a SONY vaio laptop with XP Pro OS.  When I load
Office xp and try to save a file (xls, doc, or otherwise)
in a different folder than the default folder, it takes 60
seconds to change to the selected folder.  If I reinstall
Office 2000, I can change to different folders instantly.
This is baffling.  Any help would be appreciated.

PS  If I connect the laptop to my network, the 60 seconds
above changes to 10 minutes!  Crazy.

Laptop performance degregation with XP Pro and Office XP

Post by Dennis Trowbridg » Wed, 04 Sep 2002 23:34:13

Hi Bill,

I also use a Sony laptop with XP pro and Office XP, I have no problems with
changing folders..
There is something wrong your end!! Sorry cannot be much help.

Den

Quote:> I have a SONY vaio laptop with XP Pro OS.  When I load