Win Xp Home problem.......... please help

Win Xp Home problem.......... please help

Post by Joseph » Sun, 26 May 2002 09:52:58

I have recently discovered that at times my computer
dramtically slows down whilst running applications and
also when i press Alt+Ctrl+Del the box wont come up at
all... i simply seee the icon in the task bar and when I
go to click on it it goes away saying PC Usage 100%....
Its as if something wont let me use Alt+Ctrl+Del?

If anyone knows what is causeing this could they please
help me with any method of fixing it. Thanks.

Win Xp Home problem.......... please help

Post by Jimm » Sun, 26 May 2002 12:21:31

The cause if your problem is ... something is screwed up bigtime. The fix is easy. Do a
repair install. If your not familiar with this proceedure , it's the second  repair option
on th xp cd. You lose no files or settings. Repairs don't come easy with xp , it seem it
is something to live with.  Jimmi

Quote:> I have recently discovered that at times my computer

Post by Care » Sun, 26 May 2002 12:38:00

"The cause if your problem is ... something is screwed up bigtime".

I like your diagnosis, Jimmi......

--
Carey Frisch (USA)

Win Xp Home problem.......... please help

Post by Jimm » Sun, 26 May 2002 14:21:01

Thank you Carey .  Jimmi

> "The cause if your problem is ... something is screwed up bigtime".

> I like your diagnosis, Jimmi......

> --
> Carey Frisch (USA)

Win Xp Home problem.......... please help

Post by Marcu » Mon, 27 May 2002 05:10:39

I think there is a virus/worm going round at the minute which mirrors the
symptoms you are getting,  are your virus Defs. up to date.

Marcus

Quote:> I have recently discovered that at times my computer
> dramtically slows down whilst running applications and
> also when i press Alt+Ctrl+Del the box wont come up at
> all... i simply seee the icon in the task bar and when I
> go to click on it it goes away saying PC Usage 100%....
> Its as if something wont let me use Alt+Ctrl+Del?

> If anyone knows what is causeing this could they please
> help me with any method of fixing it. Thanks.

1. Please Help With Win XP Home Start-up problem - HELP

I posted this request a couple of days ago and never got
a hit and I have not been able to figure out my problem.
I have reviewed several news groups and have not found
anything related to this problem...Is that why no one has
responded to my first post?  When I start up Win XP Home,
after the "POST", XP starts just fine and goes to the
DeskTop and pause for just a second and goes to My
Computer and stops. How can I make it stop at the "DESK-
TOP"?

Also, In MSCONFIG, are there any programs that "SHOULD NO
BE" Deactivated under "SERVICES" and "STARTUP"?

2. Please. Throw me a Frickin Bone!

3. Win XP Home Activation! PLEASE HELP!

4. Windows Update problem re icon shown in Add/Remove P

5. Help fast please - Hd on controller with home Win XP - how to partion and format?

6. yahoo email

7. Re-format hard disk and reinstall win xp home - Please help me!

8. What/where is the best version of Perl for NT

9. XP HOME ed, Laptop at home and work...Please HELP!!

10. Proxy problems in XP Home Edition...Please Help!

11. XP Home question about a video problem Please HELP

12. Please help! Problem partitioning with XP Home Edition

13. Please Help! Problem with XP Home / Pro.