during Reinstall XP, "cannot find ASMS" error

during Reinstall XP, "cannot find ASMS" error

Post by Ed » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 00:43:18

Help,
I was reinstalling XP on my Dell 2200.  I booted from the
XP CD and it ran for ~ 20 minetes coping files etc.  Then
I get the error message "cannot find ASMS file" on the
CDROM, please type path.

From Microsoft support knowlege base, the cause of this is
cannot read from the CD drive.  How can this be?
The maching has been reading from the CDDrive to boot and
do 1/2 of the installation and now cannot read from the CD
Drive.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?
Thanks,
Ed

during Reinstall XP, "cannot find ASMS" error

Post by Rich Barr » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 02:03:59

  Clean the WinXP CD. Also try a different molex power connector. Swap with
the Hard Drive or use a free one.

Quote:> Help,
> I was reinstalling XP on my Dell 2200.  I booted from the
> XP CD and it ran for ~ 20 minetes coping files etc.  Then
> I get the error message "cannot find ASMS file" on the
> CDROM, please type path.

> From Microsoft support knowlege base, the cause of this is
> cannot read from the CD drive.  How can this be?
> The maching has been reading from the CDDrive to boot and
> do 1/2 of the installation and now cannot read from the CD
> Drive.

> Any ideas on how to fix this issue?
> Thanks,
> Ed

during Reinstall XP, "cannot find ASMS" error

Post by Earl F. Parris » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 03:09:34

Quote:> Help,
> I was reinstalling XP on my Dell 2200.  I booted from the
> XP CD and it ran for ~ 20 minetes coping files etc.  Then
> I get the error message "cannot find ASMS file" on the
> CDROM, please type path.

> From Microsoft support knowlege base, the cause of this is
> cannot read from the CD drive.  How can this be?
> The maching has been reading from the CDDrive to boot and
> do 1/2 of the installation and now cannot read from the CD
> Drive.

> Any ideas on how to fix this issue?
> Thanks,
> Ed

You may have dust bunnies inside the CD drawer which blocks the beam
at a certain spot.  Use a vacuum nozzle on the open drawer to suck
out any lint accumulation.

--
Earl F. Parrish

1. "The page cannot be displayed" "Cannot find server or DNS error"

Hi all,

I am getting this error on many web site recently. The only thing I did was

can not find anything that corrects this. I have the ie 6 security and
advaced settings right.

An example is "Mcafee.com". Cannot get to this page or use secure page for
"Amazon.com". I can access my account on Amazon thru the non secure page.

XP Pro.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lou

2. XP and IBM Ideascan

3. IE6 "Cannot find Server" or "Page cannot be displayed"

4. new to NT: setting up services

5. "Cannot find server" "The page cannot be displayed"

6. cd drive\AX command not supported

7. "cannot find server" and "could not open the search page"

8. Restore Start Menu

9. "MAPISRVR.EXE" cannot find "gapi32.dll"

10. "windows cannot find program.exe needed for opening files of type "file" "

11. Win XP Error "asms"

12. IE Error "Cannot find server or DNS error"

13. Shortcut keys for "Find Next" and "Find Previous"