XP Pro system reboots very slow

Post by StuartOnlin » Sat, 07 Dec 2002 22:26:39

XP Pro takes nearly 3 to 4 minutes to reboot.

I am running XP Pro SP1 on a P4 1.8 GHz with 1.5 GB SD Ram with a Western
Digital 7200 RPM 8MG Buffer.

Have another system running XP Pro SP1 that is a AMD 900GHz with 512 MB SD
Ram and it only takes about 20 to 30 seconds to reboot if that long.

Any idea why the P4 reboots so slow?

Thanks --- Stu

XP Pro system reboots very slow

Post by Jack Wang [M » Tue, 10 Dec 2002 23:35:05

Hi

I suggest you perform a Clean Boot to find out the program that causes the issue.

A Clean Boot will allow us to isolate any device drivers or programs that are loading at
startup that may be causing a conflict with other device drivers or programs that are
installed in the computer.

Step 1: Click Start and select Run.

Step 2: Type msconfig in Open box and click OK.

Step 3: Select Selective Startup and remove the checks from each item below the
Selective Startup option.

Step 4: Click the OK button.

Step 5: Reboot the computer.

If the issue is solved at this point, repeat the process, but add one check back each
time to the list of files listed under the "Selective Startup" menu until the issue reappears
again. When this happens, please tell me the last item you were working with in detail.

Q310353 How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q310/3/53.asp

Hope the above helps.

Sincerely,
Jack Wang
Microsoft Online Support Professional

from your issue.

--------------------

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
| Subject: XP Pro system reboots very slow

| Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 13:26:39 GMT
|
| XP Pro takes nearly 3 to 4 minutes to reboot.
|
| I am running XP Pro SP1 on a P4 1.8 GHz with 1.5 GB SD Ram with a Western
| Digital 7200 RPM 8MG Buffer.
|
| Have another system running XP Pro SP1 that is a AMD 900GHz with 512 MB SD
| Ram and it only takes about 20 to 30 seconds to reboot if that long.
|
| Any idea why the P4 reboots so slow?
|
| Thanks --- Stu

1. XP PRo Slow Reboot

XP Pro takes nearly 3 to 4 minutes to reboot.

I am running XP Pro SP1 on a P4 1.8 GHz with 1.5 GB SD Ram with a Western
Digital 7200 RPM 8MG Buffer.

Have another system running XP Pro SP1 that is a AMD 900GHz with 512 MB SD
Ram and it only takes about 20 to 30 seconds to reboot if that long.

Any idea why the P4 reboots so slow?

Thanks --- Stu

2. emptying netscape cache

3. XP Pro Slow Reboot

4. different volume levels

5. System (XP Pro) Reboots on its own.

6. [Fwd: Finding server_root ?]

7. New MB - XP Pro - system reboots right after post

8. SATA vs. IDE

9. After install SP1 on XP Pro, system reboots in a loop

10. XP Pro system has to be rebooted every 48 hours

11. system error, spontaneous reboot in XP Pro

12. Windows XP Pro. Randomly Rebooting the system?

13. XP Pro reboots with "lsass.exe System Error The endpoint format is invalid."