Windows XP Proffesional over Windows XP Home

Windows XP Proffesional over Windows XP Home

Post by Nelso » Sat, 08 Mar 2003 14:45:32

Hi, this is my problem: I had a HP Pavillion with Win XP
Home Edition, the system began to fail and I decided
installing Windows XP Proffesional, but I installed it in
a different partition (F) Now I can access my old files
because the system start automatically with the new OS.
What can I do to get access to my old files, they are in
a protected folder (Propietary) and I do not know what to
do. Can I configure my PC to start with a menu that show
two options (Home and Pro)  or can I uninstall Win XP
without lost my old files?. Thanks.

Windows XP Proffesional over Windows XP Home

Post by Yogesh Samart » Sat, 08 Mar 2003 15:29:15

Try checking the sharing permissions on the
folder "Propietary" and give full control to Administrator
& User you logon with.
For dual booting between your Win XP Home and Win XP
Pro...right click on "My Computer"->Properties->Advanced
and then click on Startup and Recovery button. Here you
check mark the option "Display list of operating systems".
The next time you boot...you will get the dual boot option.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi, this is my problem: I had a HP Pavillion with Win XP
>Home Edition, the system began to fail and I decided
>installing Windows XP Proffesional, but I installed it in
>a different partition (F) Now I can access my old files
>because the system start automatically with the new OS.
>What can I do to get access to my old files, they are in
>a protected folder (Propietary) and I do not know what to
>do. Can I configure my PC to start with a menu that show
>two options (Home and Pro)  or can I uninstall Win XP
>without lost my old files?. Thanks.
>.

Windows XP Proffesional over Windows XP Home

Post by Mike » Sat, 08 Mar 2003 15:48:20

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

Quote:> Hi, this is my problem: I had a HP Pavillion with Win XP