Transparent Desktop Icons

Post by Blue Ja » Sat, 20 Apr 2002 05:00:18

Why is it that everyone I know who uses XP can get the title on their
desktop icons to have a transparent background when I can't find any option
like that?
Slayboarder ICQ#: 126431957 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me i
See more about me:

Transparent Desktop Icons

Post by Kell » Sat, 20 Apr 2002 05:25:54

Hi,

Transparent Icons:
Start/Settings/Control Panel/System/Advanced/Performance/Settings/ Visual
Effects/"Use drop shadows for icon labels on the Desktop"

Right click the desktop and select Arrange Icons. Towards the bottom of that
list, uncheck "Lock web items on the desktop."

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP DTS
[AE-Windows? XP]

Windows Troubleshooting & Support
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/tips/

Quote:> Why is it that everyone I know who uses XP can get the title on their
> desktop icons to have a transparent background when I can't find any
option
> like that?
> Slayboarder ICQ#: 126431957 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me
> See more about me:

Transparent Desktop Icons

Post by Unbreakabl » Sat, 20 Apr 2002 05:32:49

right click on the MY computer icon the go to the PROPERTIES, then to
ADVANCED then to PERFORMANCE SETTINGS then choose the one that says to make
a shadow under the icon lables

Quote:> Why is it that everyone I know who uses XP can get the title on their
> desktop icons to have a transparent background when I can't find any
option
> like that?
> Slayboarder ICQ#: 126431957 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me
> See more about me:

Transparent Desktop Icons

Post by Dan » Sat, 20 Apr 2002 05:59:15

Control Panel/System/Advanced/Performance/Settings/Visual Effects/select
customize settings menu/ "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the
desktop"...check the box.

Quote:> Why is it that everyone I know who uses XP can get the title on their
> desktop icons to have a transparent background when I can't find any
option
> like that?
> Slayboarder ICQ#: 126431957 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me
> See more about me:

1. transparent desktop icon name background restoration

When I first ran my Windows XP PC it had transparent icon titles on the
desktop.  Now I can't seem to get that effect back.  I have modified and
installed several desktop themes on my user's desktop. There is still one
out of five users with the clear icon names.  I think there is a setting for
transparent icon dropdowns or something???  I can't find anything that won't
just change the color.  Any help would be appreciated.  D

2. RAS & MSLoopbak Adapter

3. transparent desktop icons

4. Problem with athorization on WinNT

5. Transparent desktop icon text, without shadow in Win XP???

6. Mobile Devices

7. Desktop Icons - Transparent Background

8. slow copy of cd

9. How to make desktop icons transparent?

10. Desktop Icons not transparent

11. Desktop Icons (making transparent)

12. Make desktop Icon Text Box Transparent??

13. Transparent icon caption on desktop