XP Messenger video good but choppy voice

XP Messenger video good but choppy voice

Post by Gilles Dugua » Mon, 02 Sep 2002 23:32:26

I can establish very good voice communication, but has soon has I switch the
video on, the voice becomes choppy (but the video stream is very fluid and
fast). It looks as if the video processing takes most of the CPU leaving
little CPU for voice processing (I am running XP on a PII 400)).

Is there a way to reduce the quality or frame rate of the video stream in
order to reduce the load on the CPU ?

My correspondant and I are both on High Speed internet, and this problem
does not exist if I use my modem connection (since the video update is much
slower).

Thanks

To reply directly to me remove the _s in my email address.

Gilles

1. using messenger, voice and video with non XP computer

Ok I am a bit upset, I buy a new computer complete it
with camera and microphone, get cable internet service
and find in the microsoft pages - That the person I
contact has to have Windows XP in order for us to use the
camera and microphone.  That is just wrong, anyone know a
way around this?  I can't expect everyone to go out and
buy XP.  I mean I know someone using Win98 and they can
connect. Why since I have newer Windows can't I talk to
them,  I am furious.

2. Moving Shared Documents

3. MSN messenger video/voice doesn't work on XP Home edition

4. My Documents Folder Acting Strange

5. Messenger 5, XP, video and voice

6. Internet Explorer 6 and Windows XP

7. Voice chat between Windows Messenger XP and MAC with MSN messenger?

8. toolbars

9. Choppy, choppy, choppy

10. messenger voice trouble and game voice trouble

11. Messenger voice and video doesnt work

12. Messenger video /voice through LAN

13. Voice/video doesn't work with MSN Messenger 5.0