System restore to fix Outlook Express error 0x8007000E, 05

System restore to fix Outlook Express error 0x8007000E, 05

Post by Greg » Tue, 04 Mar 2003 13:03:14

I recently upgraded to XP, my internet provider tells me
that my Outlook 97 is not compatable with XP (I am unable
to send e-mail, only recieve). I downloaded the latest
Internet Explorer (SP1) to get Outlook Express (which
wasn't working since I upgraded to XP). When I try to
open Outlook Express, I get an error message that says
that it is "unable to open outlook express message store,
my computer may be out of memory or the disk is full.
Contact Microsoft support for further assistance.
0x8007000E, 5". I close the error message box and then
get another error message that says the "MSOE.dll could
not be installed". A nice person in the outlook newsgroup
suggested that "I would do a system restore if you have a
recent restore point. The reason why is that Windows XP
already comes with IE/OE version 6. If you needed/wanted
IE/OE version 6 SP1, you should have applied SP1 for
Windows XP. For help with system restore, you may want to
ask for help in the windows xp newsgroup."   How do I do
a system restore?

System restore to fix Outlook Express error 0x8007000E, 05

Post by Richar » Tue, 04 Mar 2003 13:40:33

Hi Greg,

This should fix the situation.

Try the following, courtesy of Kelly's Korner;

Repair The Windows XP Installation

Configure your computer to start from the CD-ROM drive. For more information
about how to do this, please refer to your computer's documentation or
contact your computer manufacturer.

Insert your Windows XP compact disc (CD) into your CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM
drive, and then restart your computer. (You can also boot with a Windows
98/Me Startup disk with CD support and run WINNT.EXE in the I386 folder on
the CD)

When the "Press any key to boot from CD" message is displayed on your
screen, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD. When you
see the following message displayed on the Welcome to Setup screen, press
ENTER:
To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

At this point an option to press R to enter the Recovery Console is
displayed. Do not select this option. On the Windows XP Licensing Agreement
screen, press F8 to agree to the license agreement. Make sure that your
current installation of Windows XP (in your case, the one you wish to
repair) is selected in the box, and then press the R key to repair Windows
XP. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Setup.

Hope this helps!

Richard

> I recently upgraded to XP, my internet provider tells me
> that my Outlook 97 is not compatable with XP (I am unable
> to send e-mail, only recieve). I downloaded the latest
> Internet Explorer (SP1) to get Outlook Express (which
> wasn't working since I upgraded to XP). When I try to
> open Outlook Express, I get an error message that says
> that it is "unable to open outlook express message store,
> my computer may be out of memory or the disk is full.
> Contact Microsoft support for further assistance.
> 0x8007000E, 5". I close the error message box and then
> get another error message that says the "MSOE.dll could
> not be installed". A nice person in the outlook newsgroup
> suggested that "I would do a system restore if you have a
> recent restore point. The reason why is that Windows XP
> already comes with IE/OE version 6. If you needed/wanted
> IE/OE version 6 SP1, you should have applied SP1 for
> Windows XP. For help with system restore, you may want to
> ask for help in the windows xp newsgroup."   How do I do
> a system restore?

1. Outlook Express error 0x8007000E,5

I am running Windows XP Home edition, SP1, with IE6, SP1
on a Gateway desktop with 512 MB RAM. When I try to start
Outlook Express, I receive the following errors:

Outlook Express could not be started. The application was
unable to open the Outlook Express message store. Your
computer may be out of memory or your disk is full.
Contact Microsoft support for further assistance.
(0x8007000E,5)

Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.dll
could not be initialized. Outlook Express may not be
installed correctly.

2. Download Problem

3. outlook express error 0x8007000E Windows XP

4. Windows XP will not load

5. outlook/outlook express crash and system restore

6. Typing Greek in DOS applications

7. 0X8007000E I need to reinstall outlook express

8. Arctic Silver 5

9. error message 0x8007000e using win2k with outlook 2000

10. Problems with IE6 ,Outlook Express and System Restore

11. System restore and Outlook Express

12. Anyone found a *REAL* working fix for the Outlook Express 0x8007007E error yet?

13. How to Fix Outlook Express Error Message