Network Cable Unplugged

Post by Edward Hollingswort » Wed, 12 Sep 2001 03:26:29

I am trying to network together my XP box running RC2 with a computer
running ME.   I have a 3com 3c900b-tpo ethernet card.  I have tried to
rollback to the previous drivers for this modem and it still says the same
thing.  I have seen other posts on this issue but i cant seem to make those
suggestions work.

Network Cable Unplugged

Post by Gary Skinne » Mon, 17 Sep 2001 03:44:55

Are you directly connecting the two boxes?  If you are, it
isn't a driver problem, you need a crossover cable.

If you are using a hub, then just a straight through from
each to the hub.

A straight through in place of a crossover where a
crossover should be will give you that message.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I am trying to network together my XP box running RC2
with a computer
>running ME.   I have a 3com 3c900b-tpo ethernet card.  I
have tried to
>rollback to the previous drivers for this modem and it
still says the same
>thing.  I have seen other posts on this issue but i cant
seem to make those
>suggestions work.

>.

1. Network Cable Unplugged with coax-cables

Hi,

I have a network card that uses coax-cables to form my home network.
But I also has an RJ-45 connector at the back and now winXP thinks my
network cable is unplugged because it doesn't seem to use my coax-connector
When I was using a beta of XP, i had found a workaround somewhere on the
internet.
I tried that and it worked. All that you had to do was to replace an XP file
with a win2000
file and it worked perfectly. But i forgot which file it was and know i'm
stuck....

any thoughts?

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q299/6/94.ASP?LN=EN-...
n&FR=0&qry=coaxial&rnk=2&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=WINXP

2. Develop Internet apps

3. Local Network- Network cable unplugged?

4. Hardware jumper info source

5. Networking - Network Cable unplugged

6. Q: Making tables in Director

7. Network cable unplugged Status message on the "Network and Dial-up" folder

8. mac icons on windows 95/3.11

9. network cable unplugged

10. Help get rid of Network Cable unplugged popup Bubble from taskbar!

11. local network cable unplugged

12. Network cable unplugged