Start-up problems

Post by Bill » Tue, 05 Mar 2002 02:44:37

After installing either W2K pro or XP pro on a Compaq
Presario, my boot .ini file looks like this:
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=signature(e83ccf2e)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(1)
\WINNT
[operating systems]
signature(e83ccf2e)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(1)
\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect
I have read KB article Q227704 but unable to determine if
INT-13 is supported by the system BIOS.  On-track data
advisor reports it is supported.
Also, pc will hang during start up with blank screen and
cursor flashing in upper left corner on W2K build.
On XP build, bootup hangs on blank screen DISK READ ERROR
OCCURRED.
I have tried recovery console with fixboot, fixmbr, no
luck.
Compaq tells me their database is growing quite rapidly
with this problem around the world and referred me to
check with Microsoft.
If anyone provides me with a solution, I will be willing
to give them my first born:)
Thanks in advance
billt
.

1. Pop-ups, Pop-ups, Pop-ups EVERYWHERE .. arghhh

Is my pc infected or am I going mad here?
I get pop ups on 90% of websites that I open.
Yahoo, MSN, Ebay.... etc etc etc ..
I usually get that ad pop-up for the little investigative camera ...
And it only happens when I open a new window. Upon opening Yahoo, for
example, another smaller window pops up with an add...
Does anyone else get this? How is this fixable without installing any Pop up
removal software? I am willing to re-format if needed.
Thanks
gino

2. mirroring/striping hard drives

3. scheduled tasks cannot run

4. Really Need HELP on IE 6.0 Lock-Ups on Start-up

5. sound recorder

6. ++Random Lock-ups++ on Start-up

7. Shutdown problems

8. ++Random Lock ups++ on Start-up

9. Start-up hang-ups

10. XP Start-up, Re-Start, and Shutdown problems

11. The pop-ups the maddening pop-ups!!!

12. Pop-ups and Messanger Pop-ups