++Random Lock-ups++ on Start-up

Post by Mike Luches » Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:29:28

Hello ,
    I am having a strange problem with my PC Start-Up , here is what is
happening .
I Just installed Xp Pro. "Fresh" and everything went fine , installed a few
programs , rebooted a few times , installed a couple more programs ,
rebooted a couple more times, and everything was fine . THEN I went to
the WINDOWS UPDATE web site and it seemed like everytime I installed
a New Driver or even an Updated Windows Program and rebooted my system ,
 it would lock-up during Start-up .I would have to manually restart my
system
several times in Safe Mode before it would go back to normal ???
I wouldn't even have to change or remove any settings .
Now i'm not sure if it is the WINDOWS UPDATE web site or installing the new
update or maybe it is just coinsidence but i am at a loss for Ideas and am
getting
frustrated.
    Any help or suggestions would be MUCH appreciated .

Thanks , Mike
PIII 1 gig
512 ram

++Random Lock-ups++ on Start-up

Post by CyBeRKi » Thu, 14 Mar 2002 12:30:22

Mike,

Do you happen to have more then one account on the device? If you do...
Logon with another account with Administrator access, then reboot and
hopefully this will cause the registry to clean its self up.

Sounds like you ended up with a partial load of a Windows Update.

Quote:> Hello ,
>     I am having a strange problem with my PC Start-Up , here is what is
> happening .
> I Just installed Xp Pro. "Fresh" and everything went fine , installed a
few
> programs , rebooted a few times , installed a couple more programs ,
> rebooted a couple more times, and everything was fine . THEN I went to
> the WINDOWS UPDATE web site and it seemed like everytime I installed
> a New Driver or even an Updated Windows Program and rebooted my system ,
>  it would lock-up during Start-up .I would have to manually restart my
> system
> several times in Safe Mode before it would go back to normal ???
> I wouldn't even have to change or remove any settings .
> Now i'm not sure if it is the WINDOWS UPDATE web site or installing the
new
> update or maybe it is just coinsidence but i am at a loss for Ideas and am
> getting
> frustrated.
>     Any help or suggestions would be MUCH appreciated .

> Thanks , Mike
> PIII 1 gig
> 512 ram

1. Random Hang ups (not lock ups)

I've asked about this before, but nothing seems to work.
Windows XP seems to just ignore any keyboard or mouse
inputs for say 15 to 30 seconds at a time just randomly
through normal operating.  The weird thing is I've had
many people ask me about this problem, we have about 10
machines running XP at work, and all three of my machines
at home run XP, they do the same thing.  I've tried
disabeling restore points, this doesn't help.  anye other
ideas?  does anyone else expierence this problem?

2. HELP-Need to remove Win95 and install Win3.1

3. ++Random Lock ups++ on Start-up

4. PC does not shut down but restarts sometimes

5. Random lock-ups on Compaq Pres. 725

6. Change between two net`s with windows 2000

7. Random XP Lock-ups

8. huge win95 dilemma

9. Counter Stike random lock-ups

10. Random Lock-ups

11. Really Need HELP on IE 6.0 Lock-Ups on Start-up

12. Pop-ups, Pop-ups, Pop-ups EVERYWHERE .. arghhh