Active Directory icon removed in XP

Post by Rob Angl » Sun, 30 Dec 2001 03:25:15

Don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but MS seems to have
removed the Directory icon that appeared under My Network Places in
Windows Explorer, making it in effect impossible to browse AD. It is
still possible to locate resources within AD by performing searches,
but not by browsing.  Does anyone know whether there's any way to get
that capability back (e.g., GPO, registry hack, etc.)?  Also, curious
as to why they removed that functionality...

Thanks.

Rob Anglin

1. No Active Directory Icon (cannot browse active directory)

I have created a share and published it to the active
directory as spelled out in several help documents.  I am
experiencing a problem with a XP Pro client machine with
Netbios disabled.  The client machine is part of the
Windows 2000 server domain and can log in sucessfully.  In
windows explorer the active directory icon does not show
up when double clicking on the "Entire Network" icon.  I
can do a search and find the shared folder in the active
directory so I believe everything is setup correctly.

Is this normal?  I would have thought that I would have
been able to browse published items to the active directoy
even when Netbios was disabled.

2. language problem

3. Question about removing a computer from XP Active Directory

4. Disk Quotas

5. How to remove Active Directory(Child Domain)

6. WIN XP Fax

7. w2k active directory GPO active desktop image changing

8. Printing from a CRichEditCtrl

9. Active Directory connection problems from XP Professional

10. Does XP require Active Directory?

11. Windows XP and Active Directory !

12. How to browse Active Directory from windows xp?

13. Active Directory Snap-In's for XP