cans shut down only restart

Post by --> » Mon, 11 Feb 2002 04:28:51

when I try to shut down my xp system it keeps restarting it wont shut
down..............help!!!
specs:
intel g850gb
p4 1.8
256 rambus
wd 60gig
gf3
sblive 5.1
dvd and burner
d-link lan card
pheobe modem

please help it would be mice to actually be able to shut unit down, I tried
running command, sfc/scannow
and it did its thing but still no shut down, I tried disabling apm in the
bios and still no shut down. thanks for any help you can provide.

cans shut down only restart

Post by Michael S » Mon, 11 Feb 2002 05:42:23

Do you have Easy CD Creator installed?  Did you do the XP upgrade?
http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc/xpup.jhtml;jsessionid=MVS2YG0SOL...
AVB3KQ

Nero has been known to cause this issue as well:
www.nero.com

If that's not the issue, try:
http://www.aumha.org/a/shtdwnxp.htm

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP Windows XP
Microsoft MVP Program: http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp/program.asp

Quote:> when I try to shut down my xp system it keeps restarting it wont shut