Desktop Icons - Transparent Background

Post by Mark L. Sill » Sat, 16 Mar 2002 05:10:51

Is there a way to make the backgrounds of the Desktop Icons transparent?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mark

Desktop Icons - Transparent Background

Post by Care » Sat, 16 Mar 2002 05:12:09

Open System Properties > Advanced > Performance Settings > Visual Effects and place a
check next to "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop", then click on "Apply".

--
Carey Frisch (USA)

Desktop Icons - Transparent Background

Post by Mark L. Sill » Sat, 16 Mar 2002 14:51:09

says...
Quote:> Open System Properties > Advanced > Performance Settings > Visual Effects and place a
> check next to "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop", then click on "Apply".

Many thanks ... would never have found that!

Mark

1. Desktop background (transparent icon background)

I have several user accounts on XP home.  On one account, the icons (Recycle
Bin, IE, ...) show transparent background, on another account the icons
background is a solid color (the text with solid color background overlay
the Desktop background image).  Both accounts use the same image file,
do you know why?  and how I can fix it?

Thanks,

2. Help with logging onto network with NT4 dial up server

3. transparent desktop icon name background restoration

4. MoveFileEx problem

5. How to set the background of desktop icon label to transparent

6. machine debug manager

7. Desktop Icons (transparent font background)

8. data in WAV files?

9. Transparent background for desktop icons?

10. Make Desktop Icons Background color Transparent

11. desktop icon's text background not transparent

12. Transparent Background on Desktop Icons Gone!

13. transparent background on desktop icons