no automatic restore points on System Restore

no automatic restore points on System Restore

Post by Curti » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:49:11

I went into System Restore to get rid of this black space that suddenly
appeared at the top of my screen and found there were no created restore
points for the month of January. When I tried to create a new restore point
it was not recognized and the black space was still there.
If anyone could help me with either of these problems it would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks,
Curtis

Post by Sharon » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 05:44:34

> I went into System Restore to get rid of this black space that
> suddenly appeared at the top of my screen and found there were no
> created restore points for the month of January. When I tried to
> create a new restore point it was not recognized and the black space
> was still there. If anyone could help me with either of these
> problems it would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Curtis

For the black space at the top of the monitor, try using the controls
builtin to the monitor.

Are you able to create new restore points successfully in System Restore?

--
Sharon F
Microsoft MVP, Windows - Shell/User

1. System Restore isn't makintg automatic restore points

When you say it doesnt create restore points do you mean any type of Restore
point like System Check points, due to application installs or driver
installs or only specific kinds. Do you have adequate free disk space on all
monitored partitions to create restore points? Do you know if the task
scheduler service is running on your machine as it is needed by System
Restore to create system check points.

Also Id check if you have nay applications running in the background (like
setispy) which may not be giving the machine any idle time which SR needs to
create the restore point. Let us know if any of these are the case or not so
we can try to figure out what the actual problem is here. If you dont know
how to check answers to any of these
questions please refer to the SR
FAQ:http://microsoft.com/technet/itcommunity/Newsgroups/FAQSRWXP.asp Thanks

--
Anshul Rawat[MS]
System Restore, Windows XP

For additional information on System Restore please visit:
http://microsoft.com/technet/itcommunity/Newsgroups/FAQSRWXP.asp

2. Keyboard stutter causing problems with games

3. System Restore no longer creating automatic restore points

4. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?????? HELP

5. System restore will not restore from restore points?

6. Winsock problem

7. system restore will not restore any restore points

8. Refresh Rates in Direct3D games

9. System restore - No restore points

10. System Restore on NTFS from a FAT32 Restore Point

11. Disable System REstore erases restore points?!

12. Cannot create restore point using System Restore

13. System Restore Fails to Display Any Restore Points