Screen saver/locking screen changes resolution

Screen saver/locking screen changes resolution

Post by dforeste » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 04:01:21

I also posted this in .video, but thought I'd try here,
too.

Whenever my screensaver comes on & my screen locks, and I
come back and UNlock it, my resolution is changed from
whatever I have it set it (1152x864) to the LOWEST
possible settting - 640x480!  UGH!  What gives?  Windows
XP; ATI RAGE 128 PRO Ultra GL AGP.  TIA.

Screen saver/locking screen changes resolution

Post by GSV Three Minds in a Ca » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 08:48:19

Quote:

>I also posted this in .video, but thought I'd try here,
>too.

>Whenever my screensaver comes on & my screen locks, and I
>come back and UNlock it, my resolution is changed from
>whatever I have it set it (1152x864) to the LOWEST
>possible settting - 640x480!  UGH!  What gives?  Windows
>XP; ATI RAGE 128 PRO Ultra GL AGP.  TIA.

So does it do that with =all= screen savers, or just the (antique?) one
you prefer to run?

--
GSV   Three Minds in a Can

1. Help screen resolution (change screen resolution)

dear everyone
i have a major problem with win xp i changed the
resolution of my screen from windows and now my screens
turns up for a while and then turns of bacause it says the
screen resolution doesnt much i cant even see the start up
or anythin is it possible to change the resolution before
log on. please help??
ps i used to have 800 * something
              and 1024 * something
and then change it to higher and....you know the rest

2. long directory names in XP from command prompt

3. Screen savers causing system to lock up with black screen

4. Installation Problems - Apache 2.0.44

5. Locking the Screen / Screen Saver

6. Problem installing oe6

7. Changing Screen saver on logon screen

8. Monitor software for windows

9. how to change screen saver on welcom screen?

10. Changing the welcome screen screen saver

11. Announce: Luke's Screen Saver v1.01 - create a screen saver

12. How do I add a screen saver to the screen saver menu in Windows XP?