Fax Console status: All fax printers are inaccessible

Fax Console status: All fax printers are inaccessible

Post by Sam » Sun, 24 Mar 2002 13:43:58

I have a Creative Modem Blaster PCI and can get it to work from the Windows
XP Fax Console. I saw a note in that someone wrote a VBS file that uses the
Fax Extended COM that I could use to troubleshoot the problem. Does anyone
know where I can find such as file? Or any other ideas on how to
troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks

Fax Console status: All fax printers are inaccessible

Wow! That was it. Thank you very much. And thanks for the quick response.

Post by Lee Gruenfel » Tue, 26 Mar 2002 04:04:37

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>We have a suspicion that certain registry keys on which
Fax depends are
>wiped out by certain update or repair operations in XP
and may cause this
>behavior. If so, <etc.>

Had the same problem. Your fix worked like a charm, and
I'm grateful.

-lee gruenfeld
www.LeeGruenfeld.com

Fax Console status: All fax printers are inaccessible

Post by Stefano Gall » Tue, 26 Mar 2002 05:27:41

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

Your solution works PERFECT and I spent A LOT OF TIME trying to solve the
mistery!

Thank again!

> We have a suspicion that certain registry keys on which Fax depends are
> wiped out by certain update or repair operations in XP and may cause this
> behavior. If so,

> 1. Save the attachment to this post (or paste the text between dashed
lines
> at the bottom of this message into Notepad and save it).

> 2. Rename it RPCProt.reg

> 3. Go to Windows Explorer and double-click on RPCProt.reg - this would
apply
> the key to the registry (assuming that Merge is the default action).

> 3a. If double clicking the RENAMED file opens Notepad or WordPad, go to
> 'Start|Run', type REGEDIT, click OK, then go to 'File|Import' and navigate
> to the file.

> 4. Stop and then restart the fax service

> 5. If we are correct in our guess, your Fax service will now work as
> expected.

> The contents of the attached file:
> --------------------------------------
> Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\ClientProtocols]
> "ncacn_np"="rpcrt4.dll"
> "ncacn_ip_tcp"="rpcrt4.dll"
> "ncadg_ip_udp"="rpcrt4.dll"
> "ncacn_http"="rpcrt4.dll"
> -------------------------------------

> Hal
> --

> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX
> KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   Channel 4
> Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

> > I have a Creative Modem Blaster PCI and can get it to work from the
> Windows
> > XP Fax Console. I saw a note in that someone wrote a VBS file that uses
> the
> > Fax Extended COM that I could use to troubleshoot the problem. Does
anyone
> > know where I can find such as file? Or any other ideas on how to
> > troubleshoot this problem?

> > Thanks

1. All FAX printers inaccessible - Fax Services Not Working

I have installed the fax services for Windows XP.  The Fax printer shows up
and is ready.  However, when in the console I get the "All FAX printers
inaccessible"?  error in the lower bar area.  When I try to send a fax, the
modem initiates, etc. normally.  However, windows do not appear, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

2. How do I keep a connection going when it is inactive?

3. Fax Console - can't send fax to remote fax

4. outlook

5. No Local Fax Printer for Fax Console

6. missing files

7. Can Fax but Monitor Claims Fax "Inaccessible"

8. Where is The Tablet PC Newsgroup

9. Can not view Fax from Fax Console

10. Fax Console cannot open fax sent

11. receiving faxes with windows xp fax console

12. View a fax from the Fax Console

13. Can't view faxes in Fax Console