Formatting

Post by Nick » Sun, 27 Oct 2002 13:04:10

How do i format a C: Drive that is formatted in NTFS?

Formatting

Post by Kate » Sun, 27 Oct 2002 13:34:03

If you have a Windows 2000 CD, I would start the computer
up with the CD in, let the drivers load and then choose
the option to delete the partition.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>How do i format a C: Drive that is formatted in NTFS?

>.

Formatting

Post by Jacki » Sun, 27 Oct 2002 14:32:52

To format your c: drive you cannot be on it at the same
time.  Boot from a floppy or your CD drive then do the
following:

When you receive an a: or d: prompt (whatever the name of
your drives are, type the following command.

format c:

Press enter after you type the command. Follow the
onscreen instructions.  Remember that you will erase
everything on your C: drive once you do this so make sure
you have a backup of everything.

Let me know if this works ok.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----