transparent desktop icon name background restoration

transparent desktop icon name background restoration

Post by Dale Cover » Sun, 03 Nov 2002 22:58:16

When I first ran my Windows XP PC it had transparent icon titles on the
desktop.  Now I can't seem to get that effect back.  I have modified and
installed several desktop themes on my user's desktop. There is still one
out of five users with the clear icon names.  I think there is a setting for
transparent icon dropdowns or something???  I can't find anything that won't
just change the color.  Any help would be appreciated.  D

transparent desktop icon name background restoration

Post by mxh » Tue, 05 Nov 2002 05:28:18

This may be what you're looking for:

Background transperency and drop shadows do not display on desktop
(Q305117)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q305117

Mark

Quote:> When I first ran my Windows XP PC it had transparent icon titles on the
> desktop.  Now I can't seem to get that effect back.  I have modified and
> installed several desktop themes on my user's desktop. There is still one
> out of five users with the clear icon names.  I think there is a setting
for
> transparent icon dropdowns or something???  I can't find anything that
won't
> just change the color.  Any help would be appreciated.  D

1. Desktop background (transparent icon background)

I have several user accounts on XP home.  On one account, the icons (Recycle
Bin, IE, ...) show transparent background, on another account the icons
background is a solid color (the text with solid color background overlay
the Desktop background image).  Both accounts use the same image file,
do you know why?  and how I can fix it?

Thanks,

2. MCSE Challenge

3. Desktop Icons - Transparent Background

4. German Keyboard Driver

5. How to set the background of desktop icon label to transparent

6. scandisk

7. Desktop Icons (transparent font background)

8. XP User Accounts

9. Transparent background for desktop icons?

10. Make Desktop Icons Background color Transparent

11. desktop icon's text background not transparent

12. Transparent Background on Desktop Icons Gone!

13. transparent background on desktop icons