Automativ Power Fail Indication

Post by I. Leshe » Fri, 13 Sep 2002 22:17:11

Hi Everyone,

My PC is powerd by a ups in case there is a power fail. Can I have somehow
some indication ( like a beep or a window massage ) when this happen?

Does other operating systems duppot that?

Regards

I. Lesher

Post by Thorsten Matzne » Sat, 14 Sep 2002 02:18:45

>My PC is powerd by a ups in case there is a power fail. Can I have somehow
>some indication ( like a beep or a window massage ) when this happen?

Usually the UPS will give an alarm sound when there is no power. Pull
the power cord and see what happens.
Better UPS's come with a software to auto-shut down Windows etc when a
power outage appears.

--
(tm)

1. Power options and screen saver fail to start after set time - any ideas?

For no apparent reason my screensaver (standard XP one) fails to come on
after the time set, let alone the other power options - this has only
recently happened - any ideas?

No major changes to software or hardware and was working fine?

Wild

2. XP and LDAP

3. Fail to power on (sometimes)

4. troubles with dial up networking

5. Power fails to turn off automatically

6. ??piracy???

7. Laptop fails to see AC power under XP

8. are there any games

9. How to run a command when Power Fails

10. Windows XP fails to boot after being Shut down and Powered off

11. nero/iomega/power fail

12. iomega/nero/ power fail....

13. Power management...fails to initialize