How to burn backup of Outlook Express folder files ?

How to burn backup of Outlook Express folder files ?

Post by removethi » Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:53:17

 I cannot seem to move the folders in 'select all' high
lighting to a place where the Roxio cd burner can access.

How to burn backup of Outlook Express folder files ?

Post by Alexey Karpenk » Fri, 17 Oct 2003 17:30:00

Do you mean message folders in OE? You have to export them to your hard
drive. See menu File->Exprort->Messages.

You might also want to export all at once your accounts, address book,
message rules, etc? Take a look at our SafeMail utility
www.qwhale.com/safemail . It has a simple wizard that allows one to create a
full self-extracting copy of all e-mail, address book, accounts and other
settings of Outlook Express. Then all you'll have to do is to run resulting
EXE file on the other computer.

Should you have any questions regarding SafeMail please don't hesitate to
contact me.

--
Alexey Karpenko,
Quantum Whale,

Quote:> I cannot seem to move the folders in 'select all' high
> lighting to a place where the Roxio cd burner can access.

How to burn backup of Outlook Express folder files ?

Post by Margare » Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:14:57

Hi there,

I'm not sure what you mean by "select all" highlighting.

Extensive instructions for manual transfer or backup/restore:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/

Free program which will transfer or backup/restore for you:

Shareware program which will do same, with more features:
http://www.tweakie.com ($15 with 30-day free trial)
--
Margaret
MSMVP

: I cannot seem to move the folders in 'select all' high
: lighting to a place where the Roxio cd burner can access.

1. backup of outlook express files/folders

I currently use ME operating system and want to install
XP. I've made backups of all my personal files and folders
that were on the hard-drive. I would like to do the same
with my files/folders stored in outlook express, but don't
know how I can copy or move them to a floppy or cd. Can
someone explain where they are located and how to back
them up.
Thanks.

2. Check this out.

3. Transfer address book/folders to Outlook Express 6 from Outlook Express 5?

4. faxes

5. "importing" previous/old outlook express email folders to outlook express 6.0

6. s35explorer and com ports

7. Outlook Express Quick Backup - bug report (error when folder is missing)

8. Dir 5: Confusing "Where is movie.." dialogue box

9. Outlook Express mail folder backup problem.

10. Backup Outlook Express folders while OE is running?

11. Is it possible to backup a folder in Outlook Express?

12. How do I import messages from an Outlook Express v5 pst file into Outlook Express v6 ?