Mixed Content (HTTP in HTTPS) Error

Post by Alex » Fri, 16 May 2003 00:52:34

While showing HTTP content of another website in Secured
(HTTPS) website, Default IE setting ask confirmation box.
If you say NO to show mixed content, browser window
shows 'Action canceled' error at place of HTTP content.
Can we show our own page instead of default error page ?
How can we read that User said NO to show mixed content ?
I am using ASP for server side scripting. Any help
appreciated.

Mixed Content (HTTP in HTTPS) Error

Post by Elizabeth Chubbuck [MSFT » Sun, 18 May 2003 01:53:56

Does the Action Canceled Page, have an Error number?
In your IIS, under Properties the "Custom Errors" tab allows you to
customize
what your web site visitor will see based on the error that comes up. (Like
404, 501 errors etc)
I believe that whenever you say Yes or No to a dialog, that information is
set in the registry, but I am not sure for all dialogs.
But I do not think this needs to be read. I think if they say no, one of the
custom errors pops up
based on their choice. If you can find this page in your error folder (on my
XP machine they are all
located at C:\WINDOWS\help\iisHelp\common) replace it with what you would
like the
visitor to see. There is an EDIT PROPERTIES button that allows you to
specify the path to
the page you want to display.
You can always reedit to return to the old error message too, just do not
overwrite it or delete, just
refer back to the original path I stated above.

Hope this helps.
--
Elizabeth Chubbuck [MSFT]

Quote:> While showing HTTP content of another website in Secured
> (HTTPS) website, Default IE setting ask confirmation box.
> If you say NO to show mixed content, browser window
> shows 'Action canceled' error at place of HTTP content.
> Can we show our own page instead of default error page ?
> How can we read that User said NO to show mixed content ?
> I am using ASP for server side scripting. Any help
> appreciated.

1. Mixed content (HTTP in HTTPS) Error message

While showing HTTP content of another website in Secured
(HTTPS) website, Default IE setting ask confirmation box.
If you say NO to show mixed content, browser window
shows 'Action canceled' error at place of HTTP content.
Can we show our own page instead of default error page ?
How can we read that User said NO to show mixed content ?
I am using ASP for server side scripting. Any help
appreciated.

2. opening mail in OE 6

3. http://*?http://* Errors

4. Frequent screen refresh in Win 95

5. Windows Update Receives Error "<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONT"

6. New Mosaic for Windows?

7. HTTP/1.0 404 Error connecting to site Pragma: no-cache Content-Type: text/html S

8. OEM vs. Retail

9. Acces HTTPS sites only....NO HTTP!

10. HTTP to HTTPS change causes: "Page cannot be found"

11. IE6.0 displays https pages but not http pages

12. I can display secure pages (HTTPS) but not HTTP pages

13. Contacting HTTP and HTTPS servers with any browser: problem!