Post by Michael A » Sun, 26 May 2002 15:08:12

I'm running the newest version of Intenet Explorer 6.0
and the XP operating system. When I click on "View source"
to see the HTML on a web page, nothing happens...it just
sits there displaying the web page in normal format.

Post by Steve Cochra » Sun, 26 May 2002 19:56:25

Go to Tools | Internet Options | Programs and choose an HTML editor.

steve

Quote:> I'm running the newest version of Intenet Explorer 6.0
> and the XP operating system. When I click on "View source"
> to see the HTML on a web page, nothing happens...it just
> sits there displaying the web page in normal format.

Post by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE/O » Thu, 30 May 2002 20:57:21

Emptying the Temporary Internet Files often fixes this.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE/OE
Please Reply in Newsgroup.  I don't answer email.

Quote:> I'm running the newest version of Intenet Explorer 6.0
> and the XP operating system. When I click on "View source"
> to see the HTML on a web page, nothing happens...it just
> sits there displaying the web page in normal format.

As a web page designer, I need to be able to view the source code of my
work, but after installing MSIE 6.026 (fully patched), the "View Source"
option no longer works.   The option is available, but nothing happens when
I click on it  :(   I tried doing the MSIE "maintenance", but that did
nothing.   Any thoughts?

Sincerely,
Todd M. Taylor

2. mouse

3. SlipKnot: "View as HTML source" doesn't work.

4. Save me from the mess !

5. "View as HTML source" in SlipKnot 1.40d doesn't work

6. Website with: FAQs/Procedures Win95/98/NT4 networking DUN ICS DCC RAS VPN PPTP

7. SlipKnot: "View as HTML source" doesn't work.

8. CD WRITING ... NEED HELP

9. WMEncoder 9 "Beta" worked, "Release Candidate" doesn't

10. WMEncoder 9 "Beta" Works, But "Release Candidate" Doesn't

11. document.open("text/html", "replace") doesn't work for frames !

12. "Remember each folder's view settings" doesn't work.

13. "Go To Bar" doesn't work from HTML source