10 Second delay in IE opening

Post by LoneSta » Fri, 31 Mar 2006 06:22:06

Anyone ...... in Windows XP using IE 6, I have an approximate 10 second
delay after opening IE before the Internet arrives.  This problem has been
mentioned in at least one Microsoft knowledge database and the kbAlertz
article.  However, being Microsoft, there were no answers, except to
"contact Microsoft" or wait till the next Service Pack.
Does anyone have any answers, thoughts on this?  The hang-up occurs only
upon opening IE the first time after bootup -- it's OK after that.  Perhaps
DNS caching.... or some other setting????  Please advise.

EW

10 Second delay in IE opening

Post by Bruce Hage » Fri, 31 Mar 2006 06:50:50

IE6 Specific Newsgroup:
er

IE General newsgroup:

--
           Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Quote:> Anyone ...... in Windows XP using IE 6, I have an approximate 10 second
> delay after opening IE before the Internet arrives.  This problem has been
> mentioned in at least one Microsoft knowledge database and the kbAlertz
> article.  However, being Microsoft, there were no answers, except to
> "contact Microsoft" or wait till the next Service Pack.
> Does anyone have any answers, thoughts on this?  The hang-up occurs only
> upon opening IE the first time after bootup -- it's OK after that.
> Perhaps DNS caching.... or some other setting????  Please advise.

> EW

10 Second delay in IE opening

Post by LoneSta » Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:11:01

Everyone............  I'm sorry!!!  I meant to post his in the IE group, not
the OE group.  My Apologies!!!

EW