Burn old E-Mail s to DVD

Post by Mattrix » Fri, 23 Jun 2006 03:50:15

I would like to burn older E-Mail messages to DVD in order to delete them
from my Outlook Express Program, but still have them available for viewing
if necessary

Is there a simple way of accomplishing this efficiently?

Thanks,
Matt

Burn old E-Mail s to DVD

Post by Bruce Hage » Fri, 23 Jun 2006 04:02:00

Create a folder on your Desktop, then in Outlook Express open the folder
with the messages you want to save. Highlight one message, then Ctrl+A will
highlight them all, (or hold the Ctrl button down while you select only the
messages you want), Now, drag and drop them to the folder on your Desktop.
(Easiest if the folder shortcut is on the Taskbar).

Now you can copy that folder to a CD and you will be able to read the
messages on the CD by double-clicking on them.

The downside of this is that messages that have the same subject will be
overwritten. To avoid this, purchase:

DBXtract:
http://www.oehelp.com/DBXtract/Default.aspx
--
           Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Quote:>I would like to burn older E-Mail messages to DVD in order to delete them
>from my Outlook Express Program, but still have them available for viewing
>if necessary

> Is there a simple way of accomplishing this efficiently?

> Thanks,
> Matt

1. Burning a recorded movie to DVD / Nero Burning Rom

Hi everybody,
Im trying to burn a DVD from a video (.mpg) with NERO but the file is
too big (4,9GB - approx.2h) for a single disc.
Nero doesnt give any hint what to do - just "media hasnt enough
capacity".
Do you know, if Nero can further compress the file? ...or other
ideas/experiences?
Is there a possibility of a "multiple disc-spanning" like for SVCD?

....what to do?

Cheers
Manfred

2. recycle Bin

3. Does DVD burning on XP require third-party burning software?

4. Desperately Seeking LingoWarrior-SanFran

5. Moving old e-mails from old machine to new machine

6. I cant burn any music.I deleted my image recorder,where can i download another?

7. old addresses and old emails lost

8. System Configuration Utility

9. Outlook Express & Old E-mails & Old Folders

10. Burn tv shows or home movies to dvd readable in standalone dvd player?

11. Burning TV to DVD and viewing on std DVD Player

12. CD/DVD-R drive suddently burns only DVDs and not CDs

13. Bizarre behavior from DVD/CD RW drive - can't burn DVDs