Really Need HELP on IE 6.0 Lock-Ups on Start-up

Really Need HELP on IE 6.0 Lock-Ups on Start-up

Post by Dick Smit » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 23:51:59

This problem has recurred on a weekly basis (sometimes more often) since I
installed WindowsXP Pro in May 2002.  I have the WindowsXP pro installed on
6 computers in our LAN Workgroup network.  I only have this problem with IE
6.0 on one of the computers; it works fine on all the rest.

Usually on Wednesdays or sometimes later in the week, when I click on the
icon for IE 6.0, the program loads and tries to access my home page
(MSN.com).  However, it never finds and displays the appropriate web page.
It just hangs indefinitely until it times out.  I have also tried to get it
to access other web pages, but results are the same.

Simultaneously, I find that Money 2002 Deluxe and Business loads and
requests my password, however, it never finishes opening my file.  To
terminate Money, I have to use CTRL-ALT-DEL to launch the Windows Task
Manager and then highlight Money (which always shows to be running) and
click the End Task button.

I've tried terminating IE 6.0 and restarting it.  However, the program
continues to hang-up exactly as described above.  To get IE 6.0 running
again, I uninstall IE 6.0 then shut the computer down and perform a cold
restart.  Then I reinstall IE 6.0, shut-down, perform a cold restart.
Usually this will get IE 6.0 to work properly again.  However, sometimes I
have to go through the above described uninstall & reinstall process 2 or
even 3 times before IE 6.0 will access my home page.

How can I get IE 6.0 to continue working properly once it's installed?
--
With kindest regards,

Dick Smith

1. Really NEED HELP to Solve IE 6.0 Hang-Ups

This problem has recurred on a weekly basis (sometimes more often)  since I
installed WindowsXP Pro in May 2002. I have the WindowsXP pro installed on 6
computers in our LAN Workgroup network. I only have this problem with IE 6.0
on one of the computers; it works fine on all  the rest.

Usually on Wednesdays or sometimes later in the week, when I click on the
icon for IE 6.0, the program loads and tries to access my home page
(MSN.com). However, it never finds and displays the appropriate web page. It
just hangs indefinitely until it times out.  I have also tried to get it to
access other web pages, but results are the same.  Each week for the past
month or so, I have run disc cleanup on Tuesday or Wednesday (as someone
suggested in this or another IE 6.0 newsgroup) to delete all temporary
internet files.  But that has no apparent effect on this problem.

Whenever IE 6.0 starts hanging up, I find that Money 2002 Deluxe and
Business loads and requests my password, however, it never finishes opening
my file after I enter the password. To terminate Money, I'm forced to use
CTRL-ALT-DEL to launch the Windows Task Manager, then highlight Money (which
always shows to be running) and click the End Task button.

I've tried terminating IE 6.0 and restarting it. However, the program
continues to hang-up exactly as described above. To get IE 6.0 running
again, I uninstall IE 6.0 then shut the computer down and perform a cold
restart. Then I reinstall IE 6.0, shut-down, perform a cold restart. Usually
this will get IE 6.0 to work properly again.  However, sometimes I have to
go through the above described uninstall & reinstall process 2 or even 3
times before IE 6.0 will access my home page (or any web page.)

How can I get IE 6.0 to continue working properly once it's installed?

Rest assured that I shall greatly appreciate your help on this.
--
With kindest regards,

Dick Smith

2. Windows 98 Task Scheduler Backups don't start

3. Really Need HELP Solving IE 6.0 Hang-Ups

4. Quicktime

5. ++Random Lock-ups++ on Start-up

6. Serial port not working

7. Pop-ups, Pop-ups, Pop-ups EVERYWHERE .. arghhh

8. How to disable file sharing on nt workstation

9. need help for momentary lock-ups

10. Random Hang ups (not lock ups)

11. IE 6 lock-ups

12. ++Random Lock ups++ on Start-up