IE5.5 used to do it?

Post by djin » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 09:34:17

Hi all,

I recently upgraded to IE6 from IE5.5 - in IE5.5 supposing I were
filling out a form field which I had filled out in a previous
visit, IE5.5 remembered it - IE6 doesn't seem to do this for me.

What's the fix please :~)

Cheers
Sinclair

IE5.5 used to do it?

Post by John » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 09:59:42

tools, internet options, content, auto complete, check what you want

Quote:> Hi all,

> I recently upgraded to IE6 from IE5.5 - in IE5.5 supposing I were
> filling out a form field which I had filled out in a previous
> visit, IE5.5 remembered it - IE6 doesn't seem to do this for me.

> What's the fix please :~)

> Cheers
> Sinclair

IE5.5 used to do it?

Post by djin » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 10:17:43

Cheers John,

That did it - was this not set by default in previous
incarnations of IE?

Cheers
Sinclair

| tools, internet options, content, auto complete, check what you
want

message

| > Hi all,
| >
| > I recently upgraded to IE6 from IE5.5 - in IE5.5 supposing I
were
| > filling out a form field which I had filled out in a previous
| > visit, IE5.5 remembered it - IE6 doesn't seem to do this for
me.

| > What's the fix please :~)
| >
| > Cheers
| > Sinclair

IE5.5 used to do it?

Post by bill » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 11:49:10

I have the same problem.  In some cases it saves stuff, yet in others,
especially https sites, it does not.

--
Bill B

Good luck!

email:  billbinvegas /hotmail dotcom

> tools, internet options, content, auto complete, check what you want

> > Hi all,

> > I recently upgraded to IE6 from IE5.5 - in IE5.5 supposing I were
> > filling out a form field which I had filled out in a previous
> > visit, IE5.5 remembered it - IE6 doesn't seem to do this for me.

> > What's the fix please :~)

> > Cheers
> > Sinclair

IE5.5 used to do it?

Post by Mark Pewse » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 18:10:13

It is common, especially on https sites to set the form field
autocomplete="off".

Nothing you can do about it if you use IE. NS ignores it.

Mark

--

| I have the same problem.  In some cases it saves stuff, yet in others,
| especially https sites, it does not.
|
| --
| Bill B
|
| Good luck!
|
| email:  billbinvegas /hotmail dotcom

| > tools, internet options, content, auto complete, check what you want

message

| > > Hi all,
| > >
| > > I recently upgraded to IE6 from IE5.5 - in IE5.5 supposing I were
| > > filling out a form field which I had filled out in a previous
| > > visit, IE5.5 remembered it - IE6 doesn't seem to do this for me.
| > >
| > > What's the fix please :~)
| > >
| > > Cheers
| > > Sinclair

IE5.5 used to do it?

Post by bill » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 23:24:01

thanks

--
Bill B

Good luck!

email:  billbinvegas /hotmail dotcom

> It is common, especially on https sites to set the form field
> autocomplete="off".

> Nothing you can do about it if you use IE. NS ignores it.

> Mark

> --

> | I have the same problem.  In some cases it saves stuff, yet in others,
> | especially https sites, it does not.
> |
> | --
> | Bill B
> |
> | Good luck!
> |
> | email:  billbinvegas /hotmail dotcom

> | > tools, internet options, content, auto complete, check what you want
> | >

> message

IE5.5 used to do it?

Post by djin » Sun, 24 Feb 2002 07:17:35

Aha,

Thanks Mark

Cheers
Sinclair

| It is common, especially on https sites to set the form field
| autocomplete="off".
|
| Nothing you can do about it if you use IE. NS ignores it.
|
| Mark
|
| --
|

| | I have the same problem.  In some cases it saves stuff, yet
in others,
| | especially https sites, it does not.
| |
| | --
| | Bill B
| |
| | Good luck!
| |
| | email:  billbinvegas /hotmail dotcom

| | > tools, internet options, content, auto complete, check what
you want

wrote in
| message

supposing I were

| |
| |

1. We are using a Clipper Dos program which is using the ( dpmi) hihg memory

We are using a Clipper Dos program which is using the (
DPMI ) high  memory. Is it possible with Windows XP to
have  access to that part of memory ? Or is there an
existing patch that we could use ? Is there any way that
we can continue  to use that program  ( Clipper Dos )  in
Windows XP ?
Can someone help us to solve this problem that we
encounter?
Thank's for the help

.

2. Crack around corner

3. Games + XP ---> it′s s a miracle

4. Why can't I "CATCH" ACCESS_VIOLATIONS ?

5. i can′t open any disk in windows xp becuse it′s format in windows 98

6. locale issues

7. heeelp! winsock it′s make me crazy!!!

8. Socket Error(WSAEAFNOSUPPORT)on Irda

9. It′s Impossible to print from the server!!!!!!!!!!

10. How do I change the button color when it′s focused

11. with 2 IE5's open, keeps switching windows without me doing anything?

12. Uninstalling IE5 - can it be done?

13. Windows Update failure...selecting windows update in IE5 takes 1 minute, says done, shows nothing