time received is senders time sent

Post by Blak » Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:00:06

Is there any way to change the time of an email when I
receive it, to show the time I received it instead of the
time it was sent by the sender?

I communicate with business all over and I need to know
the time the sender sent me a message my time. Some local
senders have the wrong time on their computer too.

time received is senders time sent

Post by Bruce Hage » Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:14:49

In the first paragraph, you want it to show the time you received it.
In the second paragraph, you want to know what time it was sent in
their location.

If your Clock & Time Zone settings, as well as theirs are correct,
then you will see the time it was sent converted to your time zone.
Minus the milliseconds it takes to arrive. I'm Pacific Time. If
someone in Eastern Time sends me a message at 9:00PM their time, It
will show 6:00PM as the time I received it. That's the only choice.
--
Bruce Hagen
   ~IB-CA~

Quote:> Is there any way to change the time of an email when I
> receive it, to show the time I received it instead of the
> time it was sent by the sender?

> I communicate with business all over and I need to know
> the time the sender sent me a message my time. Some local
> senders have the wrong time on their computer too.

time received is senders time sent

Post by Blak » Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:11:14

OK, someone sent me an email while I was on the internet
and the time sent stated 4:02pm but the actual time I got
it was 7:06pm, now 4:02pm would have been correct for
their time. So it's supposed to actually show my eastern
time as you stated and it did not. So what went wrong?
Even if their clock is wrong it should still show my
eastern time that it was received.

time received is senders time sent

Post by Bruce Hage » Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:30:24

I would say their time zone isn't set correctly. Try it yourself.
Right click on the clock > Adjust Date/Time > Time Zone Tab. Change
it to another time zone > Apply. Send yourself an e-mail an it will
show the wrong time received.

If everything is correct and you send an e-mail to any place in the
world at say 6:00 PM, everyone will see the current time at their
end, give a minute or two. I for instance would have a time of 3:00
PM PDT since you're EDT.
--
Bruce Hagen
   ~IB-CA~

Quote:> OK, someone sent me an email while I was on the internet

Post by N. Mille » Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:01:28

Quote:> Is there any way to change the time of an email when I
> receive it, to show the time I received it instead of the
> time it was sent by the sender?
> I communicate with business all over and I need to know
> the time the sender sent me a message my time. Some local
> senders have the wrong time on their computer too.

Are you running your own MTA? If so, your server should log your local time
of receipt. Otherwise your ISP's POP3 server's time will be displayed. I
don't see any indication, in my message headers, that MSOE logs the actual
time that it accessed the POP3 server.

--
Norman
~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain

1. OE6--Received Time before Sent Time?

I'm using Outlook Express 6 on XP Home.  When I send
email, the Received Time stamp shows about 8 hours before
it was actually sent.  When the email is actually opened,
the sent time is correct.  In other words, if I send
email at 2pm, it shows that it is received at 6am the
same day.  I've checked everything I know to check on OE,
as well as all the preferences on my mail servers (as far
as I can access them), and they all seem to be set
correctly.  Any ideas?   [This problem just began a
couple of months ago -- for no apparent good reason.  The
clocks all appear to be in synch, but something obviously
isn't right.]  Thanks in advance!

2. How to prevent auto reboot!

3. Received time is 1 hours ahead since time change

4. speech recognition

5. Sent time differs from clock time on computer

6. Windows File Protection Error

7. Date/Time "Sent" vs "Received"

8. I can't open any .exe file

9. Time Out when sending/receiving mesages

10. send receive times delayed

11. OE can't send/receive since configuring DSL to be connected all the time.

12. Privilege time uses minimum 10% of processor time all the time

13. Orinoco USB: Can receive packets fine, but sends regularly time out