subfolders of "Sent Items" show "From" instead of "To"

subfolders of "Sent Items" show "From" instead of "To"

Post by Ned Lill » Sun, 21 Jul 2002 05:40:13

I'm sure this is a FAQ, but I couldn't find it...

When I create sub-folders under "Sent Items," I'd like
(and expect) for them to inherit the characteristics of
the parent - namely displaying the "To" recipient.  But
they all display "From" instead, like normal folders.

This has been a function in Netscape Mail (and other
programs) forever, and I've got to believe there's a
simple way of doing this in OE that I've missed.
Right ... ??

Thanks in advance for any help.  Please respond via email
if possible.

subfolders of "Sent Items" show "From" instead of "To"

Post by Steve Narboroug » Sun, 21 Jul 2002 05:53:56

If your using OE try going to HELP and look up RULES and
follow the advice there, I already use the rules for both
incoming mail and out going mail, i.e. work emails and
personal emails. Hope this helps.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I'm sure this is a FAQ, but I couldn't find it...

>When I create sub-folders under "Sent Items," I'd like
>(and expect) for them to inherit the characteristics of
>the parent - namely displaying the "To" recipient.  But
>they all display "From" instead, like normal folders.

>This has been a function in Netscape Mail (and other
>programs) forever, and I've got to believe there's a
>simple way of doing this in OE that I've missed.
>Right ... ??

>Thanks in advance for any help.  Please respond via
email
>if possible.
>.

subfolders of "Sent Items" show "From" instead of "To"

Post by Gerry Cornel » Sun, 21 Jul 2002 09:47:02

Ned

It is not a good idea to have sub-folders of the Inbox and Sent Items folders. It is better to make them sub-folders of Local Folder. This avoids problems if the Inbox and Sent Items folders are corrupted and poor performance.

The ideal solution to be able to display "From" and "To" as required does not exist in Outlook Express. Try using View, Columns and having both display even if one or other is meaningless.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> I'm sure this is a FAQ, but I couldn't find it...

> When I create sub-folders under "Sent Items," I'd like
> (and expect) for them to inherit the characteristics of
> the parent - namely displaying the "To" recipient.  But
> they all display "From" instead, like normal folders.

> This has been a function in Netscape Mail (and other
> programs) forever, and I've got to believe there's a
> simple way of doing this in OE that I've missed.
> Right ... ??

> Thanks in advance for any help.  Please respond via email
> if possible.

1. "New Message", "Send Page" & "Send a Link" from IE6

My default email client is set up as Outlook Express, in the program
option in Internet Explorer 6.
Ever since I installed MSN8 on my PC the "Send Page" & "Send a Link"
or "New Message" from Internet Explorer no longer work with Outlook
Express.
Clicking on them brings up MSN 8 whether I am signed in or not.   The
"read mail" option brings up Outlook Express normally.  Is there any
way to fix this? All the options used to work with Outlook Express
before the installation of MSN8.

Thanks,
Grace

2. Q329979 causes error

3. |||||"""" How do I lock a CDROM """"|||||

4. Copying to external HD stops!

5. "My Documents" - using "search" and "Send to"

6. Seeking Beta Testers for HTMLCon 1.80

7. WANTED """ NT 3.51 Training Videos """" WANTED

8. Licencse Binary Image tool

9. Windows update history shows "Processing" instead of "Successful"

10. hotmail - sent items - lists "from" in the "to"column

11. wmp copy to cd """ error """

12. "Run"," Search" and" Help and Support" on the Start Menu

13. "My Computer", "Control Panel", and "Trash Bin" error.