Send A Link doesn't paste a hyperlink anymore

Send A Link doesn't paste a hyperlink anymore

Post by Sue » Wed, 01 Sep 2004 09:28:43



I don't know what changed but when I am in IE 6.0 and
click Mail/Send a Link, Outlook Express sends a URL as an
attachment instead of pasting the URL into the message
body as a hyperlink. How do I get this back?
 
 
 

Send A Link doesn't paste a hyperlink anymore

Post by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/O » Wed, 01 Sep 2004 09:52:36



Quote:> I don't know what changed but when I am in IE 6.0 and
> click Mail/Send a Link, Outlook Express sends a URL as an
> attachment instead of pasting the URL into the message
> body as a hyperlink. How do I get this back?

You can't.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
Please respond in Newsgroup only.  Do not send email
http://www.fjsmjs.com
Protect your PC
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

 
 
 

Send A Link doesn't paste a hyperlink anymore

Post by PA Bea » Wed, 01 Sep 2004 10:06:38


WYSIWYG: It's default behaviour in IE/OE6 SP1.

There is still an alternative:
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/gallery/index.htm#mailto  Follow all
instructions closely and to the letter.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE), AH-VSOP

Are You Ready for WinXP SP2?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=windowsxpsp2

What You Should Know About Spyware
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/devioussoftware.mspx

AumHa Forums
http://forum.aumha.org


> I don't know what changed but when I am in IE 6.0 and
> click Mail/Send a Link, Outlook Express sends a URL as an
> attachment instead of pasting the URL into the message
> body as a hyperlink. How do I get this back?

 
 
 

Send A Link doesn't paste a hyperlink anymore

Post by Sue » Wed, 01 Sep 2004 10:10:31


It used to work like that until yesterday -- what setting
did I change to lose that functionality? Or was there
some kind of Windows Update that changed it?

>-----Original Message-----

message

>> I don't know what changed but when I am in IE 6.0 and
>> click Mail/Send a Link, Outlook Express sends a URL as
an
>> attachment instead of pasting the URL into the message
>> body as a hyperlink. How do I get this back?

>You can't.

>--
>Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
>Please respond in Newsgroup only.  Do not send email
>http://www.fjsmjs.com
>Protect your PC
>http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

>.

 
 
 

Send A Link doesn't paste a hyperlink anymore

Post by Bruce Hage » Wed, 01 Sep 2004 10:21:18


I know it didn't do it before, but I tried just for the heck of it
and SP2 allows that now.
--
Bruce Hagen
   ~IB-CA~





>> I don't know what changed but when I am in IE 6.0 and
>> click Mail/Send a Link, Outlook Express sends a URL as an
>> attachment instead of pasting the URL into the message
>> body as a hyperlink. How do I get this back?

> You can't.

> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> Please respond in Newsgroup only.  Do not send email
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC
> http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

 
 
 

Send A Link doesn't paste a hyperlink anymore

Post by Michael Santove » Wed, 01 Sep 2004 11:00:54


Windows Update got you.  Microsoft changed the way that function worked.

What I do is start a new message, then copy/paste the URL from the IE address box into the
message.

--

Mike - http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm


> It used to work like that until yesterday -- what setting
> did I change to lose that functionality? Or was there
> some kind of Windows Update that changed it?

> >-----Original Message-----

> message

> >> I don't know what changed but when I am in IE 6.0 and
> >> click Mail/Send a Link, Outlook Express sends a URL as
> an
> >> attachment instead of pasting the URL into the message
> >> body as a hyperlink. How do I get this back?

> >You can't.

> >--
> >Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> >Please respond in Newsgroup only.  Do not send email
> >http://www.fjsmjs.com
> >Protect your PC
> >http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

> >.

 
 
 

Send A Link doesn't paste a hyperlink anymore

Post by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/O » Wed, 01 Sep 2004 13:59:16



> I know it didn't do it before, but I tried just for the heck of it
> and SP2 allows that now.





>>> I don't know what changed but when I am in IE 6.0 and
>>> click Mail/Send a Link, Outlook Express sends a URL as an
>>> attachment instead of pasting the URL into the message
>>> body as a hyperlink. How do I get this back?

>> You can't.

>> --
>> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
>> Please respond in Newsgroup only.  Do not send email
>> http://www.fjsmjs.com
>> Protect your PC
>> http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

I'll be a son-of-a-gun.
Sometimes Microsoft DOES listen.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
Please respond in Newsgroup only.  Do not send email
http://www.fjsmjs.com
Protect your PC
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

 
 
 

Send A Link doesn't paste a hyperlink anymore

Post by Steve Cochra » Wed, 01 Sep 2004 19:09:04


Holy Moley!  They fixed it.

I guess calling the designer of such "an idiot" might just have had an
effect.  <VBG>

steve





> > I know it didn't do it before, but I tried just for the heck of it
> > and SP2 allows that now.





> >>> I don't know what changed but when I am in IE 6.0 and
> >>> click Mail/Send a Link, Outlook Express sends a URL as an
> >>> attachment instead of pasting the URL into the message
> >>> body as a hyperlink. How do I get this back?

> >> You can't.

> >> --
> >> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> >> Please respond in Newsgroup only.  Do not send email
> >> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> >> Protect your PC
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

> I'll be a son-of-a-gun.
> Sometimes Microsoft DOES listen.

> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> Please respond in Newsgroup only.  Do not send email
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC
> http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

 
 
 

Send A Link doesn't paste a hyperlink anymore

Post by mae » Wed, 01 Sep 2004 19:49:12


Did that only apply to XP before?
I have not lost that ability with the 98's- OE6sp1.
Just checked -still works.

mae
-----------------------------------------
| I know it didn't do it before, but I tried just for the heck of it
| and SP2 allows that now.
| --
| Bruce Hagen
|    ~IB-CA~
|
|




| >> I don't know what changed but when I am in IE 6.0 and
| >> click Mail/Send a Link, Outlook Express sends a URL as an
| >> attachment instead of pasting the URL into the message
| >> body as a hyperlink. How do I get this back?
| >
| > You can't.
| >
| > --
| > Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
| > Please respond in Newsgroup only.  Do not send email
| > http://www.fjsmjs.com
| > Protect your PC
| > http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/
| >
| >
|
|

 
 
 

1. Send / Link by E-mail doesn't paste full link

When you use the Send / Link by E-mail command on the
Internet Explorer File menu, the link is NOT fully pasted?

When you use the command on a Windows XP computer, the
link is only partially pasted into the e-mail message.

If anyone has a solution to this, it would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks.

Lloyd

2. how to erase my o.s.

3. Click on link doesn't open IE, it just sends link to...

4. 4 ethernet cards under NT

5. Links sent by e-mail don't work except copy and paste!!!

6. Copy protection on XP CD

7. Links and OpenInNewWindow doesn't work anymore!

8. How can I add space to my C Drive?

9. Send Link or Page Doesn't Work

10. Send Link DOESN'T use Outlook Address Book

11. Send a Link to OE-Xp Doesn't Work!

12. 'Paste' doesn't work

13. Explorer doesn't show thumbnails of *.mht and *.eml files ('webarchives') anymore!