archive folder not in folder column

Post by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP O » Tue, 27 Jun 2006 18:32:51

Quote:> somehow i deleted the archive folder from the folder column.  I found the
> folder in c:\documents and settings\ . . . . . the folder exists as
> archive.pst.  how do I get it back in the oe  all mail folders column?

> --
> tommy

A PST file is an Outlook file.  Outlook and Outlook Express are very
different programs.  You'll get more knowledgeable help for Outlook in an
Outlook newsgroup:

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
Reply in newsgroup

archive folder not in folder column

Post by tomm » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 01:01:03

i cant figure out how to do what you are telling me?  when i go to the sites
you provided - i can't send a message.  anyone i can call or emai lto tell me
how to get the folder back into outlook?

thanks
--
tommy

> > somehow i deleted the archive folder from the folder column.  I found the
> > folder in c:\documents and settings\ . . . . . the folder exists as
> > archive.pst.  how do I get it back in the oe  all mail folders column?

> > --
> > tommy

> A PST file is an Outlook file.  Outlook and Outlook Express are very
> different programs.  You'll get more knowledgeable help for Outlook in an
> Outlook newsgroup:

> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
> Reply in newsgroup
> "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve
> neither liberty or security"

archive folder not in folder column

Post by Bruce Hage » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 01:07:32

What Frank was trying to tell you is that you are asking in the wrong
newsgroup. Outlook and Outlook Express are completely different programs.
Since you are using the clunky Web Interface, try this link for the proper
place to ask.

MS Outlook Newsgroup (on the Web):
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?qu...
--
           Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

>i cant figure out how to do what you are telling me?  when i go to the
>sites
> you provided - i can't send a message.  anyone i can call or emai lto tell
> me
> how to get the folder back into outlook?

> thanks
> --
> tommy

>> > somehow i deleted the archive folder from the folder column.  I found
>> > the
>> > folder in c:\documents and settings\ . . . . . the folder exists as
>> > archive.pst.  how do I get it back in the oe  all mail folders column?

>> > --
>> > tommy

>> A PST file is an Outlook file.  Outlook and Outlook Express are very
>> different programs.  You'll get more knowledgeable help for Outlook in an
>> Outlook newsgroup:

>> --
>> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
>> Reply in newsgroup
>> "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security,
>> deserve
>> neither liberty or security"

1. archive bit not set on mail folders?

I would like to do incremental or differential backups of my Outlook Express
folders. However, when I add or delete messages to a folder, the archive bit
is not set on its .dbx file.  Therefore, the backup program doesn't know to
include the file in an incremental backup.  I can see that the size and date
on the .dbx file has changed, but when I examine its Properties (General,
Advanced), I see the "File is ready for archiving" checkbox is not checked.
If I manually check it, then the file will be backed up.  Why don't these
files have their archive bit set when they change?
--
Bob Stayton

--
Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

2. Upgraded w98 to xp: save 98 install disc???

3. Do not display Zip Archives as Compressed Folders

4. Alcatel Speed Touch PC

5. Right clicking on file or folder, within a folder, locks up the folder

6. Outlook 2000

7. Folders, Folders, Folders

8. OE6 Reply email address

9. **BUG**: User Shell Folders and Shell Folders values are replaced with %windir%\<folder>

10. Contacts folder not using correct folder

11. Unable to read existing folders, and will not save new mail into folders...

12. Favorite Folder sub folders not Alphabetized

13. Making folders and sub-folders and files NOT read-only