links don't work from IE6 or OE6

Post by Michael Devenpor » Sat, 16 Nov 2002 02:23:26

When I click on links in IE or OE the internet explorer window opens but
there is no address in the window and the program sits with an egg-timer.

I have checked the file allocation tables. for:
URL:Gopher protocol
URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol
URL:Hypertext Protocol with privacy
URL:File Transfer Protocol
I have set all the filenames to full long titles in the files type listing.
and under DDE I get
#1:
"%1",,-1,0,,,,
#2:
IExplore
#3:
(blank)
#4:
WWW_openURL

I have run regsvr32 urlmon.dll.

All the above I have picked up by browsing news and support pages.

I think the damage may have been caused by a firewall I installed and I have
uninstalled it.(Secure All)

I have been trying everything I have come across for days now with little or
no success.

---
Checked by Expert Anti-Virus.

links don't work from IE6 or OE6

Post by Henri Leboeu » Sat, 16 Nov 2002 06:15:32

OLEXP: Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web Browser
When you double-click an Internet shortcut in an Outlook Express e-mail
message, your Web browser may not start or connect to the Web page.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;177054
--

If you copy and paste the URL in the address bar does it work?

Upcoming Changes to Knowledge Base (KB) Articles
http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=kbnumb

Henri Leboeuf

Quote:> When I click on links in IE or OE the internet explorer window opens but
> there is no address in the window and the program sits with an egg-timer.

> I have checked the file allocation tables. for:
> URL:Gopher protocol
> URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol
> URL:Hypertext Protocol with privacy
> URL:File Transfer Protocol
> I have set all the filenames to full long titles in the files type
listing.
> and under DDE I get
> #1:
> "%1",,-1,0,,,,
> #2:
> IExplore
> #3:
> (blank)
> #4:
> WWW_openURL

> I have run regsvr32 urlmon.dll.

> All the above I have picked up by browsing news and support pages.

> I think the damage may have been caused by a firewall I installed and I
have
> uninstalled it.(Secure All)

> I have been trying everything I have come across for days now with little
or
> no success.

> ---
> Checked by Expert Anti-Virus.

links don't work from IE6 or OE6

Post by Kim Bergma » Sat, 16 Nov 2002 11:08:46

I was having similar problems and finally found a fix.  Mine was due to a dll problem,
specifically oleaut32.dll.  Read some background info at
http://mall.eyo.com.au/tech-forum/posts/401587.html.  This url points to a
discussion forum where several fixes are posted.  The easiest to use fix, I think, can be
downloaded from Microsoft at

http://download.microsoft.com/download/msninvestor/Patch/1.0/WIN98/EN....
When you run the .exe it will ask you if you want to replace several dll's.  I answered NO
to all except the oleaut32.dll.  Simply
replacing the oleaut32.dll fixed my problem, you may need to replace more than just
oleaut32.dll.  Hope this helps.

Quote:> When I click on links in IE or OE the internet explorer window opens but
> there is no address in the window and the program sits with an egg-timer.

> I have checked the file allocation tables. for:
> URL:Gopher protocol
> URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol
> URL:Hypertext Protocol with privacy
> URL:File Transfer Protocol
> I have set all the filenames to full long titles in the files type listing.
> and under DDE I get
> #1:
> "%1",,-1,0,,,,
> #2:
> IExplore
> #3:
> (blank)
> #4:
> WWW_openURL

> I have run regsvr32 urlmon.dll.

> All the above I have picked up by browsing news and support pages.

> I think the damage may have been caused by a firewall I installed and I have
> uninstalled it.(Secure All)

> I have been trying everything I have come across for days now with little or
> no success.

> ---
> Checked by Expert Anti-Virus.

links don't work from IE6 or OE6

Post by Michael Devenpor » Sun, 17 Nov 2002 00:17:39

SORRY FOR SHOUTING BUT I AM SO E*D.

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY

YOU FIXED IT.

Mike Devenport

Quote:

> I was having similar problems and finally found a fix.  Mine was due to a
dll problem,
> specifically oleaut32.dll.  Read some background info at
> http://www.veryComputer.com/;This url points to a
> discussion forum where several fixes are posted.  The easiest to use fix,
I think, can be
> downloaded from Microsoft at

http://www.veryComputer.com/
epair.EXE.
Quote:> When you run the .exe it will ask you if you want to replace several

dll's.  I answered NO
> to all except the oleaut32.dll.  Simply
> replacing the oleaut32.dll fixed my problem, you may need to replace more
than just
> oleaut32.dll.  Hope this helps.

> > When I click on links in IE or OE the internet explorer window opens but
> > there is no address in the window and the program sits with an
egg-timer.

> > I have checked the file allocation tables. for:
> > URL:Gopher protocol
> > URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol
> > URL:Hypertext Protocol with privacy
> > URL:File Transfer Protocol
> > I have set all the filenames to full long titles in the files type
listing.
> > and under DDE I get
> > #1:
> > "%1",,-1,0,,,,
> > #2:
> > IExplore
> > #3:
> > (blank)
> > #4:
> > WWW_openURL

> > I have run regsvr32 urlmon.dll.

> > All the above I have picked up by browsing news and support pages.

> > I think the damage may have been caused by a firewall I installed and I
have
> > uninstalled it.(Secure All)

> > I have been trying everything I have come across for days now with
little or
> > no success.

> > ---
> > Checked by Expert Anti-Virus.

links don't work from IE6 or OE6

Post by Michael Devenpor » Sun, 17 Nov 2002 01:51:41

I also posted this to the ie6.outlookexpress.wishlist news group and I got a
fix that works. It also fixed the solitair game that has been on the blink
for months so my wife is pleased as well.

Kim Bergman fixed this for me by directing me how to fix oleaut32.dll
using the fix from.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/msninvestor/Patch/1.0/WIN98/EN...
epair.EXE

download the exe file and run it. it asks if you want to replace several
dll's. say no to all except oleaut32.dll this fixed me.

Great to get a result

> OLEXP: Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web Browser
> When you double-click an Internet shortcut in an Outlook Express e-mail
> message, your Web browser may not start or connect to the Web page.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;177054
> --

> If you copy and paste the URL in the address bar does it work?

> Upcoming Changes to Knowledge Base (KB) Articles
> http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=kbnumb

> Henri Leboeuf
> Web page: http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/index.htm

> > When I click on links in IE or OE the internet explorer window opens but
> > there is no address in the window and the program sits with an
egg-timer.

> > I have checked the file allocation tables. for:
> > URL:Gopher protocol
> > URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol
> > URL:Hypertext Protocol with privacy
> > URL:File Transfer Protocol
> > I have set all the filenames to full long titles in the files type
> listing.
> > and under DDE I get
> > #1:
> > "%1",,-1,0,,,,
> > #2:
> > IExplore
> > #3:
> > (blank)
> > #4:
> > WWW_openURL

> > I have run regsvr32 urlmon.dll.

> > All the above I have picked up by browsing news and support pages.

> > I think the damage may have been caused by a firewall I installed and I
> have
> > uninstalled it.(Secure All)

> > I have been trying everything I have come across for days now with
little
> or
> > no success.

> > ---
> > Checked by Expert Anti-Virus.

1. OE6 and IE6 pop up links don't work anymore

OE6 and IE6 pop up links don't work anymore

After I uninstalled and then reinstalled (a few days later) Outlook Express
6 on Windows XP home edition, the links on messages and web pages that open
new IE windows or pop up's open empty when I click on them.

I guess is a Javascript problem and tried reinstalling IE6 again a few times
but the bug remains.

Any idea?

2. Send HTML emails and edit the code?

3. some links don't work (pages linked to don't load)

4. Karaoke

5. After XP SP2, OE6 links don't work?

6. 'Disconnect' hangs after checking Email

7. IE6 Some links and buttons don't work

8. Full Screen - spinning globe doesn't

9. IE6, HTML, CD-ROM; SOME links don't work!

10. IE6 - links on web pages don't work

11. IE6: Links don't work

12. Links don't work in IE6, How do I fix them?

13. Links & icons don't work right if going to ie6