Putting emails from one computer to the other one

Putting emails from one computer to the other one

Post by Baronn » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 02:22:46

Hello,

We just bought a new computer and now I want to put the emails from one
computer (with Outlook Express (version 3 I think?) - Windows 98) to
the other one (Outlook
Express6 with Windows XP).

Is it possible to somehow backup these messages on the computer, burn
it on a cd and then put it on the new one? If so, which files or
directories should I copy then?

Thanks for the help!

Post by Alia » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 02:30:59

> Hello,

> We just bought a new computer and now I want to put the emails from one
> computer (with Outlook Express (version 3 I think?) - Windows 98) to
> the other one (Outlook
> Express6 with Windows XP).

> Is it possible to somehow backup these messages on the computer, burn
> it on a cd and then put it on the new one? If so, which files or
> directories should I copy then?

> Thanks for the help!

You might want to update your Outlook Express on the 98 machine first.

Alias

Putting emails from one computer to the other one

Post by Michael Santove » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 05:04:24

There was no Outlook Express version 3.  The first one was version 4.
With the original version of Win98 you might still have version 4.  With
the second edition of Win98 you'd have at least OE version 5.

Look in OE at Help, About for the version number.

For importing the data, see:
http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/how.htm#importOE4
http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/how.htm#importOE5
The file formats changed at version 5, so version 4 uses one set of
files and version 5 and above another.

After copying the appropriate files to CD, on the new PC create a new
empty folder and copy the files from CD.  Remove the Read-Only
attributes and then import.  You cannot import directly from CD.

Quote:> Hello,

> We just bought a new computer and now I want to put the emails from
> one
> computer (with Outlook Express (version 3 I think?) - Windows 98) to
> the other one (Outlook
> Express6 with Windows XP).

> Is it possible to somehow backup these messages on the computer, burn
> it on a cd and then put it on the new one? If so, which files or
> directories should I copy then?

> Thanks for the help!

1. configuate two harddrives, one cd-rom, one dvd-rom in one computer

Dear all,
I am new in hardware, i want to install configuate two harddrives, one cd-rom, one dvd-rom in one computer, and my computer have two IDE(IDE0, IDE1), and each IDE have primary , and secondary , how can i connect?
The following is right??
IDE0   Primary         Harddrive A
IDE0   Secondary     CD-Rom
IDE1  Primary        DVD-Rom
IDE1  Secondary         Harddrive B
Can it run?

Moreover,  is it not good for connect CD-Rom and DVD-Rom in one IDE
and Is it necessary one harddrive is primary and one harddrive is secondary?

2. OE6 locks up when switching identities

3. one particular email account is not accessed properly, from one computer ... ??

4. How to add Win 3.1 .grp file to NT

5. When is the "first computer" installed no longer the "first computer"

6. Office Short Cut tool bar - customize

7. How do I put a whole bunch of little files into one big one?

8. Tune-up Application

9. Transferring inbox.dbx and others from One Computer to Another without Network

10. help..some one is using my email to send viruses to others

11. One computer on our network can access the internet while others cannot...

12. moving e-mail from OE 6 on one computer to another computer

13. LPT1 aint got one, cant make one,cant find one