port 25 send errors

Post by denys » Tue, 03 Feb 2004 01:19:56

Although I use dialup (no router?) i get the following
message  "The message could not be sent because one of the
recipients was rejected by the server....Port: 25, Secure
(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79",
or some similar message always involving port 25,  Can you
help

port 25 send errors

Post by Kath Adam » Tue, 03 Feb 2004 02:31:09

> Although I use dialup (no router?) i get the following
> message  "The message could not be sent because one of the
> recipients was rejected by the server....Port: 25, Secure
> (SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79",
> or some similar message always involving port 25,  Can you
> help

This error message is coming from the mail server, not from OE itself.
It means that the SMTP (outgoing) mail server did not recognize you as
an authorized user and so rejected your message. Most ISPs configure
their SMTP servers to recognize only those whose IP address is on the
accepted list, meaning that you are connected directly to that ISP. If
you use multiple ISPs, you are likely to encounter this problem. The
solution is to change the SMTP server for that mail account under Tools|
Accounts| <account name> Properties| Servers
--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

1. Can't send mail using port 25 from one PC

Hello, I've got this problem sending mail which only began today and is
definitely a local issue on my laptop.
How'd I know? Because"

-- I'm able to send using my main Desktop and
-- 'and I'd installed the newest version of Norton Antivirus over a week ago
on this machine only. (quite possibly the cause of my problems??)

Anyhow, I've tried disabling Norton and Webroot SpySweeper and nothing.
funny though how this problem only began today.

Below is the error message I get.

"""An unknown error has occurred..............................Protocol:
SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B"""

2. HELP - No Hotmail access via Messenger

3. Free Hotmail send ability going away in April 2005 and my SMTP port 25 is blocked

4. Computer Hardware

5. Port 25 in address or Port 21; http

6. Possible to minimize WMP to Systray?

7. Port 25, Secure (SSL) Error 553 0x800CCC78

8. Counter Strike Connection Problems i.e. I CAN'T GET CONNECTED AT ALL!

9. Can the SMTP path (port 25) be traced on my PC??

10. Need to access NNTP services using Port 80, 110 or 25

11. ports 110 and 25

12. Faulty Port 25 (SMTP)?!?!

13. RD ports? (25,80,110,135...