Error Error Error OLEXP Loves Errors

Error Error Error OLEXP Loves Errors

Post by George Heste » Wed, 06 Aug 2003 15:19:16



This application just cannot get by without throwing an error.  It is the most error prone application Microsoft makes.  OLEXP 6.0 with only Hotmail as mail server.

Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
........................
........................
........................

add infininauseum

--
George Hester
__________________________________

 
 
 

Error Error Error OLEXP Loves Errors

Post by Nobod » Wed, 06 Aug 2003 22:48:10


In order to help, we need more info:
- WHEN exactly do you get this error?
- are there no other accounts at all that produce this error?
- have you tried creating a new Hotmail account (as a test) and did that
give you the same error(s)?
- have you tried switching identities and then checking this Hotmail
account?

OE CAN get by without errors, most of the time...
;-)

Quote:"George Hester" wrote...

This application just cannot get by without throwing an error.  It is the
most error prone application Microsoft makes.  OLEXP 6.0 with only Hotmail
as mail server.

Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
........................
........................
........................

add infininauseum

--
George Hester
__________________________________

 
 
 

Error Error Error OLEXP Loves Errors

Post by Frank Saunders, MS-MV » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 01:49:22



Quote:> This application just cannot get by without throwing an error.  It is
> the most error prone application Microsoft makes.  OLEXP 6.0 with
> only Hotmail as mail server.

> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
> ........................
> ........................
> ........................

> add infininauseum

The only time I ever get an error in OE 6 is when one of the servers I use
is down.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP
Please respond in Newsgroup.  Do not send email
http://www.fjsmjs.com

 
 
 

Error Error Error OLEXP Loves Errors

Post by George Heste » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 01:56:48


Open Hotmail Message.  Read it.  Reply.  Send.  Error.  In Outbox.  Go to Send/Recv.  Hit that.  Success.  Read another Hotmail Message.  Read it.  Reply.  Send.  Error.  In Outbox.  Go to Send/Recv.  Hit that.  Success. Read another Hotmail Message.  Read it.  Reply.  Send.  Error.  In Outbox.  Go to Send/Recv.  Hit that.  Success. ... adinfininauseum...

The actual error message is not that important.  Usually something like Server can't be found OR your password is screwed up OR Microsoft doesn't REALLY exists ... adinfininauseum

I have 12 accounts but only use one.  The others are just for incognito sending.  They don't accept incoming mail.  All Hotmail.  No POP3 or SMTP.

This behavior doe NOT occur all the time.  That's why a fix is probably at the Source - Hotmail.  It would be better if Outlook would just ignore all errors.

--
George Hester
__________________________________


> In order to help, we need more info:
> - WHEN exactly do you get this error?
> - are there no other accounts at all that produce this error?
> - have you tried creating a new Hotmail account (as a test) and did that
> give you the same error(s)?
> - have you tried switching identities and then checking this Hotmail
> account?

> OE CAN get by without errors, most of the time...
> ;-)

> "George Hester" wrote...
> This application just cannot get by without throwing an error.  It is the
> most error prone application Microsoft makes.  OLEXP 6.0 with only Hotmail
> as mail server.

> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
> ........................
> ........................
> ........................

> add infininauseum

> --
> George Hester
> __________________________________

 
 
 

Error Error Error OLEXP Loves Errors

Post by PA Bea » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 02:49:17





>>> This application just cannot get by without throwing an error.  It is
>>> the most error prone application Microsoft makes.  OLEXP 6.0 with
>>> only Hotmail as mail server.

>>> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
>>> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
>>> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
>>> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
>>> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
>>> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
>>> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
>>> ........................
>>> ........................
>>> ........................

>>> add infininauseum

>> The only time I ever get an error in OE 6 is when one of the servers I
use
>> is down.

OP was <plonked> a long time ago here.

~PAB

 
 
 

Error Error Error OLEXP Loves Errors

Post by George Heste » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 04:44:05


cool

--
George Hester
__________________________________





> >>> This application just cannot get by without throwing an error.  It is
> >>> the most error prone application Microsoft makes.  OLEXP 6.0 with
> >>> only Hotmail as mail server.

> >>> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
> >>> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
> >>> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
> >>> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
> >>> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
> >>> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
> >>> Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
> >>> ........................
> >>> ........................
> >>> ........................

> >>> add infininauseum

> >> The only time I ever get an error in OE 6 is when one of the servers I
> use
> >> is down.

> OP was <plonked> a long time ago here.

> ~PAB

 
 
 

Error Error Error OLEXP Loves Errors

Post by whoeve » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 05:18:04




Quote:>  That's why a fix is probably at the Source - Hotmail.

If Hotmail was the source of the error you wouldn't be the only person
reporting this behaviour.
 
 
 

Error Error Error OLEXP Loves Errors

Post by PA Bea » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 05:25:33





>>>  That's why a fix is probably at the Source - Hotmail.

>> If Hotmail was the source of the error you wouldn't be the only person
>> reporting this behaviour.

Has George posted a complete error yet?

~PAB

 
 
 

Error Error Error OLEXP Loves Errors

Post by George Hester MVP - II » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 23:06:49


Bull crap.  Look around you bud.

--
George Hester MVP - IIS
_________________________________




> >  That's why a fix is probably at the Source - Hotmail.

> If Hotmail was the source of the error you wouldn't be the only person
> reporting this behaviour.

 
 
 

Error Error Error OLEXP Loves Errors

Post by George Hester MVP - II » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 23:10:32


PA.  Say you got an error that you knew was bogus.  You knew it was bogus because you are an expert in the field.  Would you take the time to write down an error you knew was bogus?  Now I am no expert in the field but I know a bogus error when I see one.  I have told you what I was doing when the error occurred AND told you how I fixed it.  In my neck of the woods that is sufficient to "prove" "
Error Error Error OLEXP Loves Errors.":

--
George Hester MVP - IIS
_________________________________





> >>>  That's why a fix is probably at the Source - Hotmail.

> >> If Hotmail was the source of the error you wouldn't be the only person
> >> reporting this behaviour.

> Has George posted a complete error yet?

> ~PAB

 
 
 

Error Error Error OLEXP Loves Errors

Post by Frank Saunders, MS-MV » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 23:38:47




Quote:> Bull crap.  Look around you bud.

> --
> George Hester MVP - IIS

When did you get the MVP award George?
I can't find your name in the list of awards.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP
Please respond in Newsgroup.  Do not send email
http://www.fjsmjs.com

 
 
 

Error Error Error OLEXP Loves Errors

Post by whoeve » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 00:41:38




Quote:> Bull crap.  Look around you bud.

You're obviously an expert in Bull crap.

Can you point to a single posting to this forum in the last 6 months that
sounds even remotely like the problem that you have "described"?

 
 
 

Error Error Error OLEXP Loves Errors

Post by Bindar Dunda » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 00:49:47


Apparently sometime last night Frank.
The IIS is intriguing though.

--
George (Bindar Dundat)
This information is provided "AS IS"
It may even be wrong!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spam.asp




| > Bull crap.  Look around you bud.
| >
| > --
| > George Hester MVP - IIS
|
| When did you get the MVP award George?
| I can't find your name in the list of awards.
|
| --
| Frank Saunders, MS-MVP
| Please respond in Newsgroup.  Do not send email
| http://www.fjsmjs.com
|

 
 
 

Error Error Error OLEXP Loves Errors

Post by George Heste » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 01:13:12


Sure:



that should be enough for now.  Look around you.

--
George Hester
__________________________________




> > Bull crap.  Look around you bud.

> You're obviously an expert in Bull crap.

> Can you point to a single posting to this forum in the last 6 months that
> sounds even remotely like the problem that you have "described"?

 
 
 

Error Error Error OLEXP Loves Errors

Post by George Heste » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 01:14:26


Sure and I did.  It doesn't seem to be appearing.  Never mind you think I'm a *artist.  Thanks.

--
George Hester
__________________________________




> > Bull crap.  Look around you bud.

> You're obviously an expert in Bull crap.

> Can you point to a single posting to this forum in the last 6 months that
> sounds even remotely like the problem that you have "described"?

 
 
 

1. Two error messages runtime error and ole32.dll error

I seem to have two problems that are very annoying, which
both invole internet explorer 6.0.

I am in windows 98, when i access the internet and usually
when i am in hotmail, trying to access my email, all of a
sudden I receive a run time error - virtual library and
then my whole screen goes blank and I have to reboot my
computer.  I do not know what to do!!!  It seems to be
happening on a more regular basis now.

The other error happens when I am surfing the net and it
says I have an error in module ole32.dll and I need to
reconnect.  Another annoying error message.  Is there any
solution to that issue or is it related to the first error
message.

Hopefully someone can help me!!!!

Margot

2. Development in WIndows CE environment

3. Error: Explorer has caused an error in GDI.exe + a few fault errors

4. Even more on XP Home autocomplete not working

5. Error: Net_sendpacket ERROR:NO ERROR

6. Bookmarks in IE6 all have the suffix .url attached to them

7. runtime errors/syntax errors/object expected errors

8. play sound in the memory

9. Errors,errors, and yet more errors

10. error error error

11. ERROR ERROR ERROR

12. help...error error error

13. netscape 4.01 - error after error after error...