ie repair

Post by mike venin » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 15:34:00

older versions of ie used to have a repair feature , Is there such a thing
available for IE6 and if so where might I find it?Thanks so much for any
help as I am stuck.JAFO

ie repair

Post by mike venin » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 15:37:22

I should add that i'm using XP-PRO  - Jafo

Quote:> older versions of ie used to have a repair feature , Is there such a thing
> available for IE6 and if so where might I find it?Thanks so much for any
> help as I am stuck.JAFO

ie repair

Post by Noel Pato » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 17:35:40

Mike
    The nearest you can get (If it's not under add/remove, which I think is XP's problem) is to use SFC /scannow from Start|Run

--
Noel

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

> I should add that i'm using XP-PRO  - Jafo

> > older versions of ie used to have a repair feature , Is there such a thing
> > available for IE6 and if so where might I find it?Thanks so much for any
> > help as I am stuck.JAFO

ie repair

Post by mac » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 18:32:37

Mike
    The nearest you can get (If it's not under add/remove, which I think is
XP's problem) is to use SFC /scannow from Start|Run

The repair option is in my copy of IE6 with W98.
try this:
start>run>type EXACTLY! or copy & paste. Note the space after exe and the
comma then no space.

rundll32.exe setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance

HTH?

--
/\/\ /-\ C.
(noway to reply.)

ie repair

Post by Mike Burges » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 23:52:34

mac,
That file does NOT exist in XP.
_____________________________
Mike Burgess     Microsoft MVP   XP
Information isn't free if you can't find it!
http://members.home.net/winhelp98/
Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/default.asp
--

> Mike
>     The nearest you can get (If it's not under add/remove, which I think
is
> XP's problem) is to use SFC /scannow from Start|Run

> The repair option is in my copy of IE6 with W98.
> try this:
> start>run>type EXACTLY! or copy & paste. Note the space after exe and the
> comma then no space.

> rundll32.exe setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance

> HTH?

> --
> /\/\ /-\ C.
> (noway to reply.)

ie repair

Post by mac » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 23:57:48

Quote:> mac,
> That file does NOT exist in XP.

Thanks Mike, it was just a thought, as it does work for IE6-W98 as I
originally said.

--
/\/\ /-\ C.
(noway to reply.)

1. IE repair didn't repair BROWSEUI.DLL error

Noel, I did the repair from "add remove.." (three times, alternately after
reboots, download, etc.), no help re-downloaded IE6 with nothing running
except "Explorer" and "Systray" and still when I click "Favorites" I get the
"BROWSEUI.DLL error".
Anyone have another suggestion?  Regards, JimJ

2. BETTER THAN NETPROBE?

3. IE repair...gone in xp??

4. Context menu to change desktop background

5. IE Repair Tool bug?

6. XP's two speeds; slow and no

7. IE Repair Tool-replaced scrrun.dll

8. Soundblaster Audigy Squealing (HELP)