How to quote long URL?

Post by no spam pleas » Tue, 16 Jul 2002 17:33:57

How do I quote long URL in OE? For example consider the following:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=1e7313
bd2d724669&seekm=7qr2ek%243k0%241%40news5.svr.pol.co.uk#s

When I click on this URL, it doesn't work. I have manually cut and paste
the second line in browser.

Any suggestions!

--
no spam please
Please reply to newsgroup.

How to quote long URL?

Post by Ron Reddon INVALID EMAI » Tue, 16 Jul 2002 19:21:24

no spam please typed the following message:

Quote:> How do I quote long URL in OE? For example consider the following:

> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-
> 8&frame=right&th=1e7313
> bd2d724669&seekm=7qr2ek%243k0%241%40news5.svr.pol.co.uk#s

http://makeashorterlink.com/

How to quote long URL?

Post by Ron Somme » Tue, 16 Jul 2002 20:29:57

Tools, Options, Send tab, ........Settings buttons
Change the encoding to Quoted Printable
Note:  some people don't like Quoted Printable, because Quoted Printable text in replies will not have indents (>).
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=1e7...
--
Ron Sommer

Quote:> How do I quote long URL in OE? For example consider the following:

> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=1e7313
> bd2d724669&seekm=7qr2ek%243k0%241%40news5.svr.pol.co.uk#s

> When I click on this URL, it doesn't work. I have manually cut and paste
> the second line in browser.

> Any suggestions!

> --
> no spam please
> Please reply to newsgroup.

How to quote long URL?

Post by Tom Koc » Tue, 16 Jul 2002 21:13:44

Quote:> Note:  some people don't like Quoted Printable, because Quoted
> Printable text in replies will not have indents (>).

It will if you use OE-QuoteFix! :-)
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/quotefix.php

--
----Please post questions and replies in the newsgroups----
Tom Koch MVP

How to quote long URL?

Post by bbunn » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:36:16

| > Note:  some people don't like Quoted Printable, because Quoted
| > Printable text in replies will not have indents (>).
|
| It will if you use OE-QuoteFix! :-)
| http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/quotefix.php

Tom does OE-Quote fix cause any problems at all?  I noticed
that a few things cause minor problems in XP that didn't affect
W2K.

TIA

How to quote long URL?

Post by Tom Koc » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 19:00:02

Quote:> Tom does OE-Quote fix cause any problems at all?  I noticed
> that a few things cause minor problems in XP that didn't affect
> W2K.

I haven't had any problems whatsoever with OE-QuoteFix running on WinXP.

--
----Please post questions and replies in the newsgroups----
Tom Koch - MVP for IE/Outlook Express

Post by bbunn » Fri, 19 Jul 2002 01:06:47

|| Tom does OE-Quote fix cause any problems at all?  I noticed
|| that a few things cause minor problems in XP that didn't affect
|| W2K.
|
| I haven't had any problems whatsoever with OE-QuoteFix running on
| WinXP.

The reason I asked is because Outlook express sometimes does not
want to restore down.  If I back out of oe-quote fix and enable the hide
the task bar than diable hide I can get the arrows to reduce the size of
the page.  I do not use the preview pane I use a tree for reading mail &
news.  Thanks again.

1. How to get SETUPAPI to accept a long filename AND QUOTE IT in a shortcut

Hi

I have spent the best part of three hours in MSDN help and various other
places with very little luck.

I hope there is somebody here who can help me or can point me to a more
appropriate newsgroup.

I am using a windows 95 .INF file to create ("C:\WINNT\System32\rundll32.exe
setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 %1") a shortcut to a program
in "C:\Program Files\ThisSite" - i.e., the file to which the shortcut points
has a LONG  filename.

The shortcut gets created ok if I right-click the INF file and select
INSTALL, but there are NO QUOTES areound the filename - this causes Windows
to think I am looking in a dirctory called "PROGRAM". I have tried
backslashing quote symbols, doubling them up, NOTHING seems to work.

The INF file syntax stuff at MS help is USELESS as it make no mention of how
to quote special characters other than the % sign.

PLEASE, can anyone tell me how I get the create shortcut to include the
quotes (ie. when I right-click it in the start menu and select Properties I
can see the actual program that the shortcut points to)?

I do NOT want to use short filenames for the target program, and will not
consider doing this unless it is a limit of the SETUPAPI dll, in which case,
I guess I haven't got much of a choice!

The file reads:

[DefaultInstall]
UpdateInis=Links

[version]
signature="$CHICAGO$"

[Links]
setup.ini, progman.groups,,"group=Ancillary\ThisSite"
setup.ini, group,,"ThisSite Readme,"C:\Program
Files\ThisSite\ThisSite\Readme.txt",%11%\Notepad.exe,0,,,,Test Description
2"

System is Windows2000 Prof. with SP1

Regards,

Martin

PS: What happened to SETUPX.DLL anyway :-)

--
"*** 99 O'Clock *** ?? That's _impossible_!"  ~ from "Gremlins", '79
Martin Howe   EDGE Team Member   Bombay Breed Club Committee Member

2. WinXP RESTARTS after clicking TURN OFF button!!!

3. Why do you have to hit double-quote space to get double-quote

4. Upgrading from Win Me to Win 2K

5. long urls break again now?

6. Old image stuck in picture and fax viewer

7. Insert long URL's?

8. Request error message

9. Long URL Lines

10. stop truncating long URLs

11. Long URL - fails in shortcut

12. Internet Power Toys Quick Search doesn't accept long URLs

13. long URLs cut off