outbox

Post by John Burrough » Fri, 23 Jun 2006 09:13:48

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to send messages that are stuck in
outbox. Every time I send a message in OE it says that I have an error.
John B

outbox

Post by Bruce Hage » Fri, 23 Jun 2006 08:21:47

Do the following for the Outbox and if the problem persists, repeat for Sent
Items after you move any messages you wish to save to a local folder you
create.

Tools | Options | Maintenance | Store Folder will reveal the location of
your Outlook Express files. Press the Tab key to highlight the folder
location, then Ctrl+C. Close OE, then Start | Run | Ctrl+V will put the
location in the box - Click OK and you'll see the OE files. Otherwise, write
the location down and navigate to it in Windows Explorer.

In Windows XP, 2K & 3K, the OE user files (DBX and WAB) are by default
marked as hidden. To view these files in Windows Explorer, you must enable
Show Hidden Files and Folders under Start | Control Panel | Folder Options |
View.

With OE closed, find the DBX file for the folder in question {Outbox.dbx}
and delete it.  A new one will be created automatically when you open OE.

General advice for Outlook Express:

Do not archive mail in default OE folders. They will eventually become
corrupt. Create your own user defined folders for storing mail and move your
mail to them. Empty Deleted Items folder regularly. Keep user created
folders under 100MB, and Default folders as empty as is feasible.

After you are done, follow up by compacting your folders manually while
working *offline* and do it often.

Click on Outlook Express at the top of the folder tree so no folders are
open. Then: File | Work Offline (or double click Working Online in the
Status Bar). File | Folder | Compact all folders. Don't touch anything until
the compacting is completed.

Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer
of protection that eats up CPUs and causes a multitude of problems such as
time-outs and account setting changes. Your up-to-date A/V program will
continue to protect you sufficiently. For more, see:
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

In Tools | Options | Maintenance: Uncheck Compact messages in background and
leave it unchecked. {N/A if running XP/SP2}.
--
           Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Quote:> Does anyone have a suggestion on how to send messages that are stuck in
> outbox. Every time I send a message in OE it says that I have an error.
> John B

outbox

Post by PA Bea » Fri, 23 Jun 2006 12:04:19

And that error is...?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

> Does anyone have a suggestion on how to send messages that are stuck in
> outbox. Every time I send a message in OE it says that I have an error.
> John B

outbox

Post by fionacscot » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:03:40

Quote:> Does anyone have a suggestion on how to send messages that are stuck in
> outbox. Every time I send a message in OE it says that I have an error.
> John B

outbox

Post by scott tarse » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:34:58

hi

>> Does anyone have a suggestion on how to send messages that are stuck in
>> outbox. Every time I send a message in OE it says that I have an error.
>> John B

1. Outbox doesn't empty, email is stuck in Outbox

Hi

I have problem with Outlook Express, where by when a message is sent and I
see that Norton has scanned the outgoing messages, the Outbox does not empty.
I confirmed that the recepient had received the e-mail but the out box still
contains the message. As a resoult of the message being stuck in the outbox,
when the auto send/receive is activated, in my case every 10 minutes, all
e-mails are sent again resoulting in multiple e-mails in the recepients inbox.

To try to rectify this problem, I have deleted the Outbox.dbx file, however
this solution did not work. I also changed the registry value for the Outlook
Express in the registry from 1 to 0 so that I could re-install outlook
express. The program re-installed when clicked on IEsetup.exe successfuly.
When trying to send a new e-mailI got the same resoult. I also checked for
spyware, adware and viruses with various programs.

I have Norton Internet Security 2005 Installed. The computer is an AMD 2600
with 512MB of memory and 60MB hard drive running Windows 2000 Pro.

Is there any other solution to this problem?

Regards,

Nicholas

2. Macromedia Flash 2

3. Outbox wont let me delete messages..help

4. Change of DVD-ROM require re-activation?

5. outbox problem

6. Audio Sampling

7. outbox issues with oe6

8. How to view emf images in IE directly?

9. Outlook Express Messages Locked in Outbox/Keeps Sending

10. Outlook Express Error when selecting Outbox (Win Me)

11. Copying contents of local folders(Inbox and outbox) into a new folder

12. OutBox freezing

13. SENT ITEMS STAY IN OUTBOX